Pixies Ali Pali 20th September

What's Hot
munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
Tickets went on sale at 10am today for this gig.  Somehow I have been half way through my life without seeing my favourite ever band the pixies.  This is now in the process of being rectified.

Never looked forward to a gig so much in my whole life and I have been to many, many gigs.

Can't stop grinning : )
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I haven't warmed to them since the reunion at all. I didn't see them until the Bossanova tour, but think Doolittle, including the B-sides, was their peak.
  • smooresmoore Frets: 30
    Surfer Rosa is my favourite.

I saw them play the whole album at The Roundhouse - absolutely amazing.

See you on the 20th!

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    They are a very important band, up there with the Velvet Underground. Who cares if they are shit now, they changed music. Kim Deal is still one of my favourite bass players, I admire her less is more approach. Sadly she is not a part of it anymore.

If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    No Kim Deal, no deal. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    I haven't warmed to them since the reunion at all. I didn't see them until the Bossanova tour, but think Doolittle, including the B-sides, was their peak.
    Its difficult you either get bands touting the same albums ad infinitum or they have a go at new stuff which is likely to be different as its being written by 50 year olds rather than 20 year olds.

There new stuff for me is fine, its not on a par with the early stuff, I read a review of indie cindy which said you could be a lot worse than the 5th best pixies album, and that's how I feel about it I guess.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26749
    I don't care about Pixies, but I've never understood why bands keep playing Alexandra Palace. Lovely looking place but a nightmare to get to, shit acoustics and you usually can't see anything.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    edited July 2019
    I don't care about Pixies, but I've never understood why bands keep playing Alexandra Palace. Lovely looking place but a nightmare to get to, shit acoustics and you usually can't see anything.
    I saw them there when they first reformed (with Kim Deal, and no new album in sight at time), and the acoustics were alright - could definitely make out most of the sound. Some of the rooms are better than others. Saw Portishead play there as part of an ATP weekend and that was stunning. 

But yes, it's a cock to get to. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs