Keeley Red Dirt Mini question

noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 797
This pedal caught my eye as a second drive option for a crowded board.

However, the psu input socket looks like it could get in the way of many right angled jacks (I have EBS flats), which kind of defeats the point of a mini pedal. 

There also seem to be two different mini versions with varying jack/control layouts. 

Anyone got any experience of them?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    I had one - great pedal. Had it connected with ebs flats . 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • soma1975 said:
    I had one - great pedal. Had it connected with ebs flats . 
    Did the EBS clear the dc-in ok, or did you have to point it towards the bottom of the board/through the rails?
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    edited April 2019
    I can't remember to be honest but it certainly wasn't a problem  enough that it stuck in the mind. Pretty sure I'd have just had the cable pointing towards the bottom of the pedal as per normal. As in not down under but down point away from the direction of the dc jack. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • Having spent some time playing a modded Maxon OD-9, albeit Analogman silver rather than Keeley modded, I reeeeeeaaaally want a red dirt mini now. I’d prefer the newer version with the easier-to-see knobs. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
    Having spent some time playing a modded Maxon OD-9, albeit Analogman silver rather than Keeley modded, I reeeeeeaaaally want a red dirt mini now. I’d prefer the newer version with the easier-to-see knobs. 
    Check out the Keeley Tone Workstation - it has a red dirt built in 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:
    Having spent some time playing a modded Maxon OD-9, albeit Analogman silver rather than Keeley modded, I reeeeeeaaaally want a red dirt mini now. I’d prefer the newer version with the easier-to-see knobs. 
    Check out the Keeley Tone Workstation - it has a red dirt built in 
    It does look awesome and would be a definite candidate, except it needs to squeeze onto a Nano+ next to the Mudhoney - literally only space for a mini pedal and I don’t want to take anything else off the board.