Speaker advice needed please - Greenbacks, Creambacks, Legends

What's Hot
nick79nick79 Frets: 252
Currently running my Laney LA30BL through a 4x12 with Eminence Governors, it sounds great but its a bit much to be lugging it around to band practise every week. Plus i've found with the Governors that they need to be pushed pretty hard to sound their best, even in a 1x12. 
I'm going to get a 1x12 cab to make things easier, and also so i can set up my gear easier at home, and i'm looking for a more 'classic' sound, i.e Greenback territory. 
Obviously Greenbacks are rated at 25w, so i'm guessing one of those is out of the question.  Things do get loud sometimes when we gig, its mostly Black Sabbath stuff these days so not sure how long a single Greenback would last!! 
I've seen the Creamback 65, and Eminence Legend GB128 - How do these compare to a Greenback? Any others i should consider? 

I could of course get a 2x12 with Greenbacks, but that's kinda defeating the 'down size' point to the whole thing....
Thanks for any advice! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Creamback 65. It's like a slightly darker, tighter Greenback.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4065
    Love my neo creamback in my 1x12.
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 252
    ICBM said:
    Creamback 65. It's like a slightly darker, tighter Greenback.
    Sounds perfect, thank you. 
    That sounds interesting, i'm guessing it sounds the same as a regular Creamback but weighs less?
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    People say they're somewhere in between the M65 and H75, which to me seems like a great compromise.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4065
    nick79 said:
    That sounds interesting, i'm guessing it sounds the same as a regular Creamback but weighs less?
    This is how mine sounds.   It's the sound I had in my head 

• HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    Iv got some original early 80's G12-65's. Your welcome to try one of those Nick
  • kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    edited April 2019
    I watched a johan segeborn video where he compaired a new greenback and WGS green beret to a vintage greenback. The WGS sounded closer in sound to the vintage offering.
    Edit: just noticed you need more handling power
    HHwarner said:
    Cheers mate, might well take you up on that. Just need to sort a cab and i'll be in touch :)
  • HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    nick79 said:
    HHwarner said:
    Cheers mate, might well take you up on that. Just need to sort a cab and i'll be in touch :)
    No problem mate, Its here when your ready