Could somebody fix my (possibly fried) pedal?

How do.

As per the title really, was wondering if anybody would be able to (at least try to) fix a couple of pedals for me, for a fee of course, that may have been fried? 

The first is an EBS Octabass pedal, bought it cheap knowing it may not be working, the previous owner reckons he fried it with a higher than required power supply. I've got it home and no sign of life from neither a PSU nor battery, I had a quick sniff of the circuit board near the power adapter and it does smell a bit burny. Would this be fixable?

The other is a cheap Caline Big Dipper pitch shifter I got off AliExpress. I plugged a power cable in when I got it, light cage on then has failed to work since. I'm less bothered about this one than the other as it'll probably be awful but thought worth a try.

Obviously more than happy to pay for your time, whether they get fixed or not really as it's not fair otherwise, and of course postage is mine.

It's beyond my skills and equipment sadly

Cheers all
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    Try Martin Owen at Owen Electronics.

The EBS may be fixable if the protection diode has done its job and shorted, but if it’s burned out completely all bets are off. No idea about the other one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    ICBM said:
    Try Martin Owen at Owen Electronics.

The EBS may be fixable if the protection diode has done its job and shorted, but if it’s burned out completely all bets are off. No idea about the other one.
    Thanks good sir I shall drop him a line. I can't get the circuit board to move to investigate what it looks like as I feel I'll probably break it even more! 

I'm not too bothered about the other one but could be a cool brucey bonus if it could work as it might be one of those "sounds so bad it sounds good" type thing. The EBS octave thing sounds like it might be a great little pedal though.
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic