Lucky Ones, not needed!

What's Hot
joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
edited April 2019 in Off Topic
So, the 2 year old split his lip pretending to be a frog with his big brother today... boys eh.

I nearly didn't take him to A&E, thinking he was fine, once the bleeding had stopped, he was singing at the top of his voice happy.  So there I am sitting in A&E whispering to him that he is a fraud, and stop singing, you are making me look bad... then he is seen, they aren't too confident it will heal by itself.  He is booked into theatre tomorrow morning  

I've never been under, nor has my other half.  Shitting it.  At least an adult is a bloody adult and can handle it.

It's about as minor as surgeries go, 40 minutes from sleep to wake.  I'm bloody worried about the anaesthetic (Yes, I had to Google the spelling).
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4910
    Oh no, poor little feller!  Have they sent you both home for the night?

Best wishes for  tomorrow.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hope it's all good.

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Yep, home for the night, back there for 0730 in the morning .

I know it's totally routine etc, it just came as a big shock when she said it. 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5143
    edited April 2019
    The anaesthetist will probably be one of most highly regarded people in the Hospital... you’re in safe hands. This is where I don’t care how much they pay top medical staff....They’re worth double  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Im sure all will be fine but fully understand your concern.   Give us an update tomorrow.  

@tone1 thanks dude, I was hoping for read some (probably obvious) reassuring things

And will do, I'll update when I can. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 607
    Kids, they'll turn you grey. Hope all goes well  
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31570
    Don't worry, in a blink of an eye he'll be worrying about you having "one of your falls", and which home he's going to put you in. 
    :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3654
    I'm not medically trained so I can only go from personal experience.  About 5 years ago I was anesthetised a couple of times within the space of a month for a small procedure and a follow up.  I wasn't sure what to expect as you hear stories about people feeling nauseous etc afterwards.  I was absolutely fine, with no ill effects whatsoever.

I recall that I wasn't allowed to drive or sign legal documents for something like 48 hours afterwards.  I can't see that being a problem in your sons case.

I hope that it all goes well, I'm sure that it will.
    So, cancel the above.

They've seen him again this morning, all paperwork done and signed... But they checked him again and said it isn't needed. Fucking phew. 

Save them for others!. 

Now to feed him.. He's bloody hungry 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    edited April 2019
    great news. Erm re the lucky poos no longer needed, I think I misunderstood how this works, so you may receive a package soon. Probably best you don't open it.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    Shame you didn’t need any lucky poos. I’ve got norovirus at the moment.  :s

Glad the little fella is ok. Kids are amazingly resilient, he’ll have forgotten all about it by tomorrow. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    tone1 said:
    The anaesthetist will probably be one of most highly regarded people in the Hospital... you’re in safe hands. This is where I don’t care how much they pay top medical staff....They’re worth double  
    My friend Nick is a consultant anaesthetist, without doubt the cleverest person I've ever met. I don't know what he gets paid although it falls into the 'a lot' category. 

Anyway, glad that it's all okay. You never stop worrying about your kids. I remember when my brother got divorced for the second time the most upset person was my mother wondering where she went wrong. He must have been 50. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    To be honest, it just throws my usual logical mind out of the window, which actual annoys me to an extent.

I completely trust them 100% but somehow, I still find another 1% to doubt the whole thing.

This morning, he was lying an a hospital trolley which is 10 times the size of him, with a little nil by mouth sign (which is a very stark reminder of losing my Gran to be honest, that type of sign bloody lived with her for a long time).

After 30 mins of questions, forms, and staring at the wall with my other half.  They basically say, the risk of infection is lower than they thought, and do we want the procedure to go ahead for aesthetic reasons as it might be an obvious scar.  Both agreed 100% no, it wasn't worth the risk.  So they jokingly said, ok, that was a waste of paper, you are good to go home again, so we walked out like it was a weird dream.

No hard feelings at all, the staff were all incredible, friendly, compassionate and ridiculously thorough with us.  

• BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    Glad it worked out.  Seems like he was seen by someone quite junior who erred on the side of caution.  I dont miss wrapping kids in towels and sewing them up when they screamed

Having said that I opted for my daughter to be stitched awake when she cut her face altho that was 10 years ago