Child's learn to play book

Looking for a book for a 7 year old beginner to learn from. It doesn't need to be aimed at a child, but it does need to be simple.
Am I best going for a small chord library book to begin with? If so I need nice clear diagrams.
Something contemporary would be good, I'm not sure learning nursery rhymes would appeal to him.
Obviously i'd like to chip in, although not sure he would listen to me much so I'd like something he can bury his head in on his own and understand.
Does such a book exist?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    I've got one in pdf I downloaded from Scribd - I've printed it off and given it to a couple of kids I teach, and one of them has starting going through some of it with his mum (he's 8). It's pretty nice and clear but not super-simple and patronising. Happy to ping you a copy if you like. 
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Usborne Learn To Play Guitar. Brilliant book - accessible but packed with information.  
  • shsam75shsam75 Frets: 1
    I've got one in pdf I downloaded from Scribd - I've printed it off and given it to a couple of kids I teach, and one of them has starting going through some of it with his mum (he's 8). It's pretty nice and clear but not super-simple and patronising. Happy to ping you a copy if you like. 
    Yes please!
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    shsam75 said:
    Yes please!
    Drop me a pm with your email and I’ll send it across tomorrow when home :)
  • I’m teaching my son, who’s now 7, and he’s using the Trinity Rock and Pop Initial book ( I started him off on classical guitar last year).
    It just a book of pieces , so it’d be good to
    get a chord and scale thing too. He’s learnt and can play through ‘20th century boy’ along to the backing track and is now doing ‘mountain at my gates’ by Foals. 
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997

Could I please jump on that?
    :)
  • david1050david1050 Frets: 2
    I’m teaching my son, who’s now 7, and he’s using the Trinity Rock and Pop Initial book ( I started him off on classical guitar last year).
    It just a book of pieces , so it’d be good to
    get a chord and scale thing too. He’s learnt and can play through ‘20th century boy’ along to the backing track and is now doing ‘mountain at my gates’ by Foals. 
    I also teach my daughter.