SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: parts; FT: Gibson LP special

What's Hot
TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3132
edited May 2019 in Guitars £

Having had a few gumtree offers of trades it’s got me thinking about what I haven’t got that I might like, so upon reflection really want to put this out there as a trade option more than anything. 

Based in the Kettering area of Northamptonshire but more than happy to drive to meet. 

I’m interested in a nice beaten or worn Jazzmaster (though not a classic player), ‘72 reissue thinline tele, on a long shot a player grade firebird or a Princeton Reverb (I’ve nothing against the darker dirtier ‘68 here). Maybe a jag, again not a classic player, but maybe...it’s a possible. 

In exchange for:

Gibson Les Paul Special (1997) -traded 

Used with a few dings and plenty of scratches.

However, neck is straight, solid and headstock is still very much intact.

P100's long gone, (as are the filtertrons I had in it), currently sporting an Oil City and Alegree P90, sounds superb. 

Bigsby B5 properly installed and grounded. Bridge swapped out for a nylon saddle one as works better with the Bigsby -original ABR1 included.

9.5lbs thanks to the bigsby.

Includes tweed hard case. Could potentially ship this at buyers cost and risk -would prefer to meet and deal in person.

More pics in the following link:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/157224850@N02/0Y1P66

Gibson SG Special (2018) -£400 sold on eBay for £410

Purchased on here last year and have gone round the houses messing with pickups and options but I just find the neck too slim for me.

Natural finish - very thin finish so a few scratches and scuffs but nothing serious.

Oil City 50s wiring loom.

Cheap after market p90s (Wilkinson if I remember what I had in the draw correctly) -hence the lower price.

Super lightweight and very resonant.

Comes with an amazing padded gig-bag.

More pics in the following link:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/157224850@N02/WJdbCE

Fender Princeton Reverb FSR Brownie -£700 -sold

Mint condition, just perfect in every way but desperate times and all that...

Speaker upgraded to a far better sounding Weber.

Comes with cover and original paperwork.

More pics here:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/157224850@N02/47sx40

Bakelite Esquire Pickguard - £16 posted -sold.

Reliced and worn ready for your 52 build.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1264
    That sg looks great.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3132
    edited April 2019
    KrisGee said:
    That sg looks great.
    It is great, I’ve just got used to big necks; 10 years ago this would have been my perfect guitar.
    Just had an eBay offer of £400 -have obviously countered, feel free to snap it up at this price @KrisGee ;and save me the eBay crap.
    Two down, let’s make this a productive weekend! 
    Restrung the lp special last night and gave it a blast, very tempted to keep it, it’s lovely -take it off my hands before I change my mind. 
  • scalino65scalino65 Frets: 261
    I have been looking at the special for weeks now thinking "ooh, i'd like to have a pop at refinishing that in tv yellow"...Do you know if its tidy behind the "custom made" plate? My thinking would be to maybe just put a couple of button thingies on to cover the holes instead.
    If nothing else, have a should I/shouldnt i bump...
    scalino65 said:
    I have been looking at the special for weeks now thinking "ooh, i'd like to have a pop at refinishing that in tv yellow"...Do you know if its tidy behind the "custom made" plate? My thinking would be to maybe just put a couple of button thingies on to cover the holes instead.
    If nothing else, have a should I/shouldnt i bump...
    I’d have to take a look but I’m pretty confident that it’ll just be a bit of alcohol to remove the sticky stuff, it’s not particularly strong glue on the plate and would come off with minimum faff.

Would look amazing as TV yellow.

Importantly it plays and sounds great, I am seriously thinking about keeping it, so move quick if you want it. ;)
    Monday Bump
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Those are ridiculously good prices, some of the prices stuff is selling for on here at the moment are causing me actual physical pain....
    johnl said:
    Those are ridiculously good prices, some of the prices stuff is selling for on here at the moment are causing me actual physical pain....
    Isn’t it frustrating. It’s like everyday is Black Friday on the fretboard -just without the rush of buyers. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Friday bump with trade options.
    Monday bump.
    Bump 
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    If I could sell my Gretsch, I’d take this off your hands.
    danban said:
    What’s even more frustrating is that if I had the spare cash I would be trading this for your Gretsch and making a cash top up -unfortunately the last few sales have had to be focussed on paying things off rather than acquiring more. :(
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    danban said:
    What’s even more frustrating is that if I had the spare cash I would be trading this for your Gretsch and making a cash top up -unfortunately the last few sales have had to be focussed on paying things off rather than acquiring more. :(
    That’s ok fella, I completely understand.
    Bump for trades