SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Gibson Les Paul Classic Goldtop 2018 (P90) *price drop now £1200*

What's Hot
riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
edited May 2019 in Guitars £
Just putting this out there alongside my Bernie Marsden, both nice guitars I didn't really intend to sell but I found something else that was too good to resist so need to move a couple on to make room.
This is immaculate and only had very light home use since I bought it 6 months ago. Hardcase and all case candy present and correct, this was picked after careful examination of two examples of this model, this one being slightly lighter in weight and more resonant. Weight is 9lb 2oz.
 Price now £1200.
Collection is preferred from Bristol or South Gloucestershire areas but could maybe work something out.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    Ignore the reflections off my unclean patio......

Bump 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5730
    That’s a very beautiful guitar, wish I could. 

Perhaps if you pop over to this thread and sign up, a chain of events will trigger to drop a buyer in to your lap ;)

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/152257/south-west-jam-factory-studios-bristol-edition-8th-june-2019/p1
    dazzajl said:
    That’s a very beautiful guitar, wish I could. 

Perhaps if you pop over to this thread and sign up, a chain of events will trigger to drop a buyer in to your lap ;)

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/152257/south-west-jam-factory-studios-bristol-edition-8th-june-2019/p1
    Thanks! And that thread it's one I've noted already, but jams/gigs/shows are no longer viable for me on account of the stupidly loud tinnitus I developed in 2015 and have had 24/7 ever since. Sadly I even struggle to sit in a pub or restaurant since then without a level of discomfort or the ability to focus on conversations etc. 
    The upside is that my neighbours only get to hear my awful playing at low volume these days, though  ;)

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5730
    That’s completely crap for you :(

I wish you speedy sales and peace and quiet ahead 
    Hey, thanks, the first year was the worst, since then I'm getting to grips with the mental health impact a bit more, even if the volume of the ringing is still the exact same. There are people much worse off than me and I'm just grateful I've not endured this from a young age like some have to (I'm 50 now), when the outcome can sadly be catastrophic for people who are told there's no treatment and its permanent. 
    Moral of the story - protect your ears, however daft you may think that is when you're younger, readers  ;)
    Being rock n roll isn't the absolute be all and end all!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NamaquaNamaqua Frets: 62
    @rivercider  ;
    I feel your pain in terms of the mental health aspects. I've been suffering a constant aeroplane humming since 2007. 
    It is painfully loud sometimes and where I live it is normally silent in the evenings/nights which actually makes it worse as I'm sure you know. At first I used to get up at night and walk around the house trying to find the source. Even wondered right around my village at 4am in search of it. Drove the wife nuts.
    I've been doing all my gigs & tours with in-ears for this reason since. I wear earplugs before and after the show to minimise the ambient noise too.
    Going out for meals, big conversations is something I suffer at badly. Wish I hadn't spent my twenties in ridiculously small studios with a Marshall stack behind me now! 

Love that guitar by the way. If someone picks up my Patrick Eggle I'll be knocking.
    I've had that one ages darling
    edited April 2019
    @Namaqua that's terribly familiar; I also went for mad midnight escape walks when it first started in 2015.
    I sought out wind and rain, anything to drown it out, but nothing did. Mine is a high pitched whine, like a fire alarm going off in my head, always the same volume and pitch too, with occasional additional high pitched tones thrown into the mix like some demonic harmonies....
    Still, time is the only healer, it seems, and whilst it doesn't go away, as you know, some degree of habituation can be expected over the years, I'm finding. Sounds cheesy but I was advised to write down how it made me feel and then share that with my family to try to help them understand.  I think that did help, a little. Mine was caused not by years of excessive volume, but by a random stupid act - I'd just bought a Yamaha YHR10X and had plugged in some headphones (the only time I ever did that) and gone too loud, a single time, unknowingly.
     The next day my hearing was off a bit, then the day after that the tinnitus started when I woke up and has remained unchanged to this day. That first few weeks is tough though, the adrenaline flood as your body thinks you're under attack or something, is like WTF is this....

Biggest frustration for me is when people find out you have tinnitus and say 'Oh yeah, I get that too' as if it's a passing headache or something, rather than a 24/7 non stop sleep depriver that affects your concentration and mood....

Anyway, enough of my sob story, plenty of people suffer far worse things and accept their lot graciously, so I'll try to, as well.

Thanks for the goldtop compliment, and GLWTS on your Patrick Eggle  
  • NamaquaNamaqua Frets: 62
    @rivercider All so familiar. I could share more, listen to more too but don't want to clutter your sale thread.
    Fretboard Tinnitus thread maybe?
    GLWS
    I've had that one ages darling
  • paul111spaul111s Frets: 119
    edited April 2019
    God what a lovely guitar ♥️ I have the 60s studio version of this but I’m extremely tempted to sell it and buy this! Sorry to hear about your tinnitus also, my wife suffers from it and its shit 
    Thanks Paul.
    Few more pics....

Thanks Paul. More pics...

Meant to include the spec on this....

ManufacturerGibson
    ModelUSA 2018 Les Paul Classic Electric Guitar
    Top Material Grade A, Plain Maple
    Body MaterialMahogany
    Neck MaterialMahogany 
    Neck ProfileSlim Taper
    Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
    No. of Frets22
    BridgeHard Tail
    TunersGrover Locking Tuning Machines 
    Bridge/TailpieceABR/Stop Bar 
    Position InlaysTrapezoid
    Active/PassivePassive
    Pickup ConfigurationSS
    PickupsNeck: P90 
    Bridge: P90
    Pickup Switching3-Position Blade: 
    Position 1. Bridge Pickup 
    Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups 
    Position 3. Neck Pickup
    Controls
    • Neck Volume
    • Neck Tone 
    • Bridge Volume
    • Bridge Tone
    • All hand-wired with orange drop capacitors
    Included AccessoriesHardshell Case
    Gibson Accessory Kit
    Bristol-Guitar-Show-weekend bump! 
    (In case you have any money left after the show, I'm on the doorstep  )
    bump & a price drop
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    I’ll be all over this if I can sell my Gretsch!
    Bump! (Because a chap in Holland has asked to buy it from me but I'm not sure I'm comfortable shipping a Gibby overseas!,....assuming the fella is legit....  :) )

Someone closer to home would be a happier sale..... =)