Anyone compared a Flint to a Fender Tre Verb?

JDEJDE Frets: 1092
Have had a couple of Flints in the past but have never been 100% on the reverb. The trem is good, but if I need to get a dedicated reverb pedal, I wouldn’t spend £250 on the Flint for it’s tremolo alone. Anyone tried the new Fender Tre Verb? Demos sound nice, but demos are demos....
Seen a bit of chatter about them online which either seem to be directed at the “philosophical” nature of copying the Flint (ie - it’s a reverb and tremolo in one pedal, therefor it’s a copy of the Flint) rather than, frustratingly, how it sounds compared to the Strymon; or what a large current draw it has, which is fine by me, I’ve got a 500ma slot going spare on my board. 
Fwiw, I would never use the plate reverb setting, and probably wouldn’t use the harmonic trem setting on the Fender - I never used the 80’s verb or harmonic trem on the Flint. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    The Tre Verb is fairly new so I suppose not many people will have tried it yet.  
    Not what you asked but there are a few other alternatives that might be worth a look:
    The Source Audio True Spring gets nice reviews and you can fine tune it with the app ( it does have tremolo despite the name). 
    The Mr Black Deluxe Deluxe Plus is relatively simple. 
    And the recent Keeley combined reverb and tremolos, big one and little one. There is a little one for sale here:

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/154797/fs-keeley-eddie-heinzelman-verb-o-trem-90#latest
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Cheers for that - I had one of the first Deluxe Plus’s when they came out. I really liked the sound of it, but want two foot switches, definitely. This would discount the mini Keeley and the True Spring. When I got my Deluxe Plus I thought for sure I could get by with one switch but it was too awkward, especially live. 

Just seen Mr Black make a Deluxe Deluxe Plus with two switches, so this is in the running! The big Keeley looks a bit “much” for my simpleton brain, but if it sounds good, it sounds good. 
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 236
    JDE said:
    ... but want two foot switches, definitely. This would discount the mini Keeley and the True Spring. 

The True Spring can use an external foot switch to bypass the tremolo.
    Click here for my Trading Feedback