New Nick Johnston Album

What's Hot
bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1906
Nick's 5th album, "Eyes Wide in The Dark" is out. I bought it after a few listens here:

I think it takes a few goes to get into it, all that 7/8 and stuff...majestic Strat (Schecter) tones and harmonic interesting-ness.

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13939
    edited April 2019
    I had a quick listen, it's harder going than previous albums but I do like Nick Johnston's playing and tone.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    I like his quirky style of composition generally, I really should buy some of his stuff.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    When I heard the singles I wasn't blown away like with previous stuff.. but also based on his previous stuff it usually is part of a larger concept. The album really fits together, and I'm really enjoying it. 
  • I have listened to it through quite a lot of times now and the little tunes and motifs start to make more sense and stick in the memory banks. Is good!
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Remarkably Human is still the best so far but really enjoying this one - a lot going on musically but he is so restrained in his note choice sometimes - very cool player and composer
  • I first became aware of Nick's existence on a "Shredders who don't need to shred" topic on some other forum. Sums it up I think.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom