SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Sterling Musicman RAY34 HB Bass. £445

EcoWarriorEcoWarrior Frets: 17
edited May 2019 in Basses £
SOLD. £910 when purchased new. No trades. Buyer can arrange pickup if required. Sterling by Music man RAY34HB, Honeyburst bass guitar - Has custom made pickguard + original - Comes with original soft case and original black pick guard. - Just about pristine I would say.

Scale:34” Nut Width:43mm Neck Width, 12th fret:55mm Body Wood:Ash Neck Wood:Maple Fretboard Wood:Rosewood (TWB, HB, BK) Maple (NT) Tuning Machines:Open Hardware: Chrome Neck Joint:6 Bolt Frets:21 Fretboard Radius:12” Pickup Selector:N/A Pickups:Alnico Humbucker, SBMM Bridge: Fixed, Sterling By Music Man Design
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    Nice bass. Nice body wood grain. The "Jazz Bass" string spacing will delight some and frustrate others. I assume that the controls are volume and 3-band active EQ rather than, say, two-band + a piezo bridge.

I suggest that you anticipate the inevitable question by posting what the bass weighs.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Don't think it has the thin jazz bass neck.  My sub bass has, and my jazz basses do, but this has a normal Stingray width fat neck. Yes, 3 band eq.  Not sure of weight, i could find out if someone wants it. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    Don't think it has the thin jazz bass neck.
    You are probably right. I had the variant with the uncountoured "slab" body and two-band EQ. That definitely had a narrower nut width string spacing. This is why I did not get on with it and eventually sold it.

The pickup shape on your bass suggests that it is the later, upgraded version.

GLWS
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • honkytonkhonkytonk Frets: 34
    Both the regular model Ray34 like this one and the Ray 34CA (Classic Active) were available at the same time for a while. The CA had the slab body, 2 band EQ and Jazz bass profile neck with tinted/aged lacquer look. It has now been discontinued and has been replaced by the Chinese made Ray24CA
    I have a Ray34CA in mint/surf green and it really is a lovely thing.