Your favourite shop to visit ?

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6796
    sev112 said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    Foyles book shop on Charring Cross Road. It’s the best book shop I’ve ever been in.

mrkb said:
    Used to be Borders books, for a coffee and magazine read. Now foyles in that London , but it’s a much longer journey to get there!

Hopefully both of you got to see Foyles in the 80s and early 90s before it was refurbed. It was a maze of tiny book filled alleys spread across what were several buildings.  Was such an experience finding your way around. Bit too corporate now which is a shame
    Yes, used to love the previous store just down the road, the cafe had a great feel to it.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    edited April 2019
    Builders merchants.
     It's important to support brick and mortar retailers.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24301
    Oh yeah - I forgot to add the ALDI & LIDL thing.  If ever you need a rechargeable sonic rodent repellant with CREE Led and built-in teabag squeezer - they're the shops to visit. 
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3065
    Chelsea guitars in NYC, and there’s a toy shop in Bourton On The Water.... I spent hours in there as a kid and always go back when I get the chance. 

• Mansons. Always get that excited feeling when im in there.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Probably Guitar Village
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    edited April 2019
    prowla said:
    I spent time in TK Maxx and Debenhams buying bedding over the weekend.

I know how to live on the edge when I go shopping!
    Hahaha, living the dream.  To be fair I buy plenty of clothes in Debenhams; I always wondered how long they could support a business model of a clothes shop where every item gets cheaper the nearer the till you take it.  The answer is not that much longer, apparently.

I like the ironmongers near my house.  I always try there first if I need anything, and unless it's obscure they often have it.  When they don't, or I need something on a Sunday, I head to B&Q and am reminded why I always try the ironmongers first.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1174
    randella said:I like the ironmongers near my house.  I always try there first if I need anything, and unless it's obscure they often have it.  When they don't, or I need something on a Sunday, I head to B&Q and am reminded why I always try the ironmongers first.
    Fork 'andles ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    randella said:I like the ironmongers near my house.  I always try there first if I need anything, and unless it's obscure they often have it.  When they don't, or I need something on a Sunday, I head to B&Q and am reminded why I always try the ironmongers first.
    Fork 'andles ?
    :) :)  Pretty much.  In fact, if you're my age or older I'd take a bet that you could imagine what it smells like in the shop.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    Foyles bookshop, the old crammed coffee shop was my favourite place in London. 

Fopp, cos at heart I love me a cd collection.

Most guitar shops, but guitar village has the best space. 

Cash Converters
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • gringopig said:
    Shelter and Oxfam records in Raeburn Place Edinburgh!
    I can't walk past them either!
    Don't forget Pastry Selection between the two- best brownies/cakes ever. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    I like having a mooch in AMP in Macclesfield, I can never afford anything but still....
    I agree with you @jonnyburgo - pretty much the only guitar shop I ever visit these days. Chris always seems to have something interesting in stock.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    For the lovers of Foyles - did you ever read a book called, I think, "84 Charing Cross Road"?

It's basically a series of letters, written over many years, from a lady in America to the owner, in which she was trying to find various books, and they were always able to get them for her.  I read it many years ago and found it surprisingly enjoyable.

I have a feeling that someone may have made a film of it, although i can't imagine there being much plot...

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11292
    It used to be Terrapin Trucking in Crouch End, CD/Vinyl shop unparalleled in excellence. Or the music bookshop next to Roka's in Denmark Street.

Since they both closed I can't say that I actually enjoy anything other than a good second hand/remaindered bookshop.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    sev112 said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    Foyles book shop on Charring Cross Road. It’s the best book shop I’ve ever been in.

mrkb said:
    Used to be Borders books, for a coffee and magazine read. Now foyles in that London , but it’s a much longer journey to get there!

Hopefully both of you got to see Foyles in the 80s and early 90s before it was refurbed. It was a maze of tiny book filled alleys spread across what were several buildings.  Was such an experience finding your way around. Bit too corporate now which is a shame
    It was great fun seeing people wandering round blatantly lost. I loved it then. Still love it now but some of the magic is gone. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9531
    Coda Music every time for me 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Peach, so much temptation
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    scrumhalf said:
    It used to be Terrapin Trucking in Crouch End, CD/Vinyl shop unparalleled in excellence. Or the music bookshop next to Roka's in Denmark Street.

Since they both closed I can't say that I actually enjoy anything other than a good second hand/remaindered bookshop.
    The book shop, was that Helter Skelter?
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16092
    Fortnum and Mason
     Liberty and Co