My Wife's 14yo Cousin... first ever recording!

mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
edited April 2019 in Music
I think it went pretty well, I unfortunately rushed the music - what do you think?

https://youtu.be/WUznmDeQ6SQ
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    Singing’s  fine :) she has a nice tone and some feeling
    does she write too?
    my daughter had a similar vocal style when she was singing, which was fine when she was singing covers and you know the words, but when she was singing her own stuff I couldn’t hear the words , so I encouraged her to just enunciate her words a little bit more, and when she started doing that she came on leaps and bounds. 
    Very good, I enjoyed listening to her

(something wrong with the camera though ?I now know why they tell you flashing lights to come when a programme starts on tv  - I feel quite ill after watching.)
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    Oh dear sorry about that.. I stuck some effects on it.... maybe I over did it...  eek!

yes she does write her own songs, I've recorded her singing one to a click track so hopefully that can be developed ...

• robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    What a great voice! Would like to hear her own stuff. You are a brilliant uncle for encouraging and nurturing that talent. Keep with it. 

Also, I like the video effects - gives it another point of interest. Great vocal recording too! 

Its a ‘yes’ from me! 

robwright said:
    What a great voice! Would like to hear her own stuff. You are a brilliant uncle for encouraging and nurturing that talent. Keep with it. 

Also, I like the video effects - gives it another point of interest. Great vocal recording too! 

Its a ‘yes’ from me! 
    Thankyou!... tbh , she's now not happy with it (which I see as a good thing) and has since sent through an accapella version which kills.... so yeah we'll see where it goes!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    She's fantastic and has enormous potential.
    Well done to both.
    octatonic said:
    She's fantastic and has enormous potential.
    Well done to both.
    Thanks!