Anywhere To Rent Urgently Required in England Or Wales

What's Hot
AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
edited April 2019 in Off Topic
Hello all... bit of a strange thread, you may think? Why doesn’t he just go out and rent somewhere like a normal human being? Well, I refer you to http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/130188/my-life/p1
then that explains the general situation myself and my wife are in. We have finally managed to cross the border as she is no longer taking the prescription ‘medicine’ which is unlicensed/illegal in England and Wales. I’m English, she was born in Wales and we couldn’t even visit our homelands! 
Anyway - we are far from out of the woods yet. In desperate need of health care we are now in West Yorkshire as I thought English Doctors may treat the whole thing differently. Good news - they are! Bad news - we are staying in the attic room of old friends of mine who I haven’t seen for 20 years and they’ve made it quite clear that we’re not very welcome here. A shame as I’m making a point of cleaning, buying and cooking food and helping with housekeeping bills, etc.
Anyway - in order to appease the situation I’ve said we’re going to move on this weekend. I’ve looked at properties to rent but we’re on benefits which limits things greatly and round here seems to get you a damp broom cupboard in a near derelict building. Need at least a 2 bed place as our 26 yr old son is stuck 400 miles up the road which is stretching our finances even thinner and is crap for him and us as we want to be a family unit. 
At this point we don’t mind (care) where it is. We need a safe place we can call home for at least 6 months to properly get the healthcare my wife needs. We’re entitled to Housing Benefit also.
If any of you know of anywhere then I would really welcome a heads up.
Thanks in advance,
Alex
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    Don’t know what to say mate, but I wish you all well
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 598
    edited April 2019
    Sorry to hear about your situation. You may already be aware but there are a lot of Facebook groups for finding housing in certain areas and you might stand a chance of finding a private landlord who can offer something at such short notice. Good luck!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Got your email and replied.

I'll see what I can do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Thanks all. Some useful stuff for me to be getting on with.