Calling all HarrySeven's.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 2932
    ...  one of them had a drum machine built in!

Here's a carcass very similar. Fresher Straighter Protean Series.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72256
    Kittyfrisk said:

I'm hearing Fresher, straighter, faster, harder, SCOOTER!!!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22739
    blobb said:

Looks like an interesting project.  Although I notice that either the neck is very thin, or the distance between the plane of the headstock and the plane of the fretboard is much greater than it is on a Fender guitar. 

In fact the whole transition from neck to headstock is very different, and sort of elongated.

• In my search for an El Maya over the last couple of years, someone local had an El Maya strat that looked exactly like this on eBay. That one was hard tail but looked damn near identical to the photos in the OP.  I think it was on sale for £600 and was for sale for months.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18684
    Philly_Q said:
    blobb said:

Looks like an interesting project.  Although I notice that either the neck is very thin, or the distance between the plane of the headstock and the plane of the fretboard is much greater than it is on a Fender guitar. 

In fact the whole transition from neck to headstock is very different, and sort of elongated.

Hi @Philly_Q , thanks for the info. Damn, that Fresher Straighter Protean looks very close.
    The centre stripe looks to be walnut or similar, not rosewood which mine is, although that isn't a big difference at all.
    I have taken a pic of the neck & the elongation/carve doesn't seem as pronounced on mine (to me).
    Who in their right mind would paint a lovely wood finish with brown paint 
    :o 

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783

By the way, I think you should have a bat signal of some type on the forum  ;) 
    We tried that with some of the first six iterations- it got messy.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    In my search for an El Maya over the last couple of years, someone local had an El Maya strat that looked exactly like this on eBay. That one was hard tail but looked damn near identical to the photos in the OP.  I think it was on sale for £600 and was for sale for months.
    Hi @Flanging_Fred. Stop looking for Maya/El Maya guitars immediately. They're mine, you hear? All mine!  ;)
    I can tell you that they probably aren't the same guitar. I have had this one since around 2011 and I paid much less than half that amount.
    It's good that you have seen another one though, as I have not been able to.
    This whole 1970's Japan guitar identifying lark is strictly down the rabbit hole stuff  :)
    octatonic said:

By the way, I think you should have a bat signal of some type on the forum  ;) 
    We tried that with some of the first six iterations- it got messy.
    So, not just copies to watch out for on here, it's clones too... :o :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    blobb said:

@blobb Apologies for not thanking you for the Fresher info. I just saw the later merged thread & replied accordingly. 
  • In my search for an El Maya over the last couple of years, someone local had an El Maya strat that looked exactly like this on eBay. That one was hard tail but looked damn near identical to the photos in the OP.  I think it was on sale for £600 and was for sale for months.
    Hi @Flanging_Fred. Stop looking for Maya/El Maya guitars immediately. They're mine, you hear? All mine!  ;)
    I can tell you that they probably aren't the same guitar. I have had this one since around 2011 and I paid much less than half that amount.
    This whole 1970's Japan guitar identifying lark is strictly down the rabbit hole stuff  :)
    Haha, you’re not wrong about the rabbit hole.  I finally found what I was after about 6 weeks ago after a long search. The thread is here...  

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/152148/ngd-unusual-old-japanese-content#latest

I think that that will keep me amused for a long while to come.
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    Regardless of what it is, it looks great!
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
    In my search for an El Maya over the last couple of years, someone local had an El Maya strat that looked exactly like this on eBay. That one was hard tail but looked damn near identical to the photos in the OP.  I think it was on sale for £600 and was for sale for months.
    Hi @Flanging_Fred. Stop looking for Maya/El Maya guitars immediately. They're mine, you hear? All mine! 
    This whole 1970's Japan guitar identifying lark is strictly down the rabbit hole stuff 
    Haha, you’re not wrong about the rabbit hole.  I finally found what I was after about 6 weeks ago after a long search. The thread is here...  

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/152148/ngd-unusual-old-japanese-content#latest

I think that that will keep me amused for a long while to come.
    Ah yes, the EM1300 & EM 1500's are properly great guitars.
    The problem for me is that I missed the boat on snapping these up when they might have been within my self imposed fiscal prudence regime.
    I haven't been able to track down an original EM bridge, but I haven't given up either.
    I'll probably post some more Maya's in @TheMarlin 's thread 'Cheap, but not nasty '
    Congratulations on being able to satisfactorily scratch your Maya itch 
    :)