Marc Ribot - London, May 14-15

JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8790
Just a heads up for anyone who fancies seeing the eclectic maestro. I’ll certainly be there on at least one of the nights.

https://www.cafeoto.co.uk/events/marc-ribot-solo-two-day-residency-2019/
Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Ack I miss London sometimes.  I flew to Lisbon a few years back and saw him play as part of a jazz series they do there, definitely worth the trip.  I mean Lisbon's not bad either!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7110
    Love him in a band context but find his solo stuff a bit too challenging tbh !
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8790
    Love him in a band context but find his solo stuff a bit too challenging tbh !
    I imagine it could be very hit or miss, but I think I’d kick myself if I didn’t go see the tortured genius on my own doorstep. 

Begs this question: if I only book one night, what if the other’s better? :confounded: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer

roberty said:
    Ack I miss London sometimes.  I flew to Lisbon a few years back and saw him play as part of a jazz series they do there, definitely worth the trip.  I mean Lisbon's not bad either!
    Did you go just for the concerts, or were Sagres, sardined and custard pies involved, too? :)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Fwiw have taken executive decision and booked both nights. See you there, if anyone else fancies it.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    JerkMoans said:

roberty said:
    Did you go just for the concerts, or were Sagres, sardined and custard pies involved, too? :)
    Lots of booze!  Great drinking up that hill bit on the right as you're facing the sea
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    ahh, this is a 10min walk from my flat.... will go
  • BebopperBebopper Frets: 129
    I'm already booked for the 15th. 

Some good stuff happening in Dalston this month: Ben Monder is at The Vortex next Thursday with Dan Weiss' band Starebaby (which also includes Craig Taborn, Matt Mitchell and Trevor Dunn!)
    Looks like we’re approaching Forum critical mass for this one :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Supremely pissed off. Yesterday landed with late notice 5 am start to get to work gig in Manchester, where I now am :(
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • billzabozobillzabozo Frets: 62
    F**k me I need to spend more time practising and less time looking at gear. This guy just owned the stage for 2h with just an acoustic guitar, no set list & not a pedal in sight.