It turns out that jack input nuts are not all the same

What's Hot
ReverendReverend Frets: 4997
I lost the nut from the jack input on my Ibanez Destroyer a couple of weeks ago. Tried to replace it with a Gibson one but it was too big. 
I sent a message to the distributor asking where I can find Ibanez-sized replacements but they have not replied. 

Any ideas where I night find them?

Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    I sell import sized jack washers and nuts.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7022
    tFB Trader
    Best thing is to replace the jack with a Switchcraft one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72295
    This.

Make sure it has a shakeproof washer - you can buy them separately if the seller doesn't include one - and it's best to put a bit of superglue threadlock on the thread before you tighten it fully ratchet-handle it like you're bolting the wheels onto your car.

Then it will never, ever come loose again. I do them like this for 'demanding applications' - schools guitars! - and they don't come back with the jacks loose again...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    ‘Output’....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6788
    Wouldn’t Ibanez be metric, and switchcraft imperial? I’ve loads, but can’t work out which type is which. 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Wouldn’t Ibanez be metric, and switchcraft imperial? I’ve loads, but can’t work out which type is which. 
    Yes. Far-east ones are the slightly smaller ones, US the slightly larger. Often the US nuts are 'milled' rather than 'stamped' too, so they have cleaner and sharper edges. Far-east ones are almost never milled.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    ICBM said:
    This.

Make sure it has a shakeproof washer - you can buy them separately if the seller doesn't include one - and it's best to put a bit of superglue threadlock on the thread before you tighten it fully ratchet-handle it like you're bolting the wheels onto your car.

Then it will never, ever come loose again. I do them like this for 'demanding applications' - schools guitars! - and they don't come back with the jacks loose again...
    As always- this.
    FWIW the way you get them off if you ever need to is to put a soldering iron against the nut, which melts the thread lock/super glue.
    octatonic said:

FWIW the way you get them off if you ever need to is to put a soldering iron against the nut, which melts the thread lock/super glue.
    Just mind your eyes with the fumes!

It’s very rare that you need to though - Switchcrafts are very robust and don’t tend to fail either. I don’t bother with any other kind of jack, even for cheap guitars - it’s just not worth penny-pinching.

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4997
    Just a regular switchcraft mono? Best place to get one?

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4997
    Any suggestions?

• sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    every guitar parts shop will stock them. Anywhere between £2.80ish and £4.50
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    ‘Output’....
    Yes, input at the amp end and output at the guitar end. 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7022
    tFB Trader
    Even though electrons flow equally in both directions.