When did "Amazon Logistics" happen?

MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
Order placed the other day came from Amazon, and under the courier it stated "Amazon Logistics"

After all the crappy service I got from a variety of couriers I thought this might be an improvement.

Of course, it turns out they still use normal couriers, but use Amazon Logistics as a freight forwarder (which incidently is what my employer does with its in-house courier. So instead of improving things, it just adds a middle-man to everything. Still can't be any worse? Well, because it's coming from Amazon depots, only 3 in the country can be visited to collect your parcel should there be an issue - and that's right, Croydon isn't one of those three

2 phone calls, a online chat with customer services and I still didn't have my parcel, so a fourth phone-call...

Apparently they're delivering today (yes, I know it's a sunday, but the man on the phone seemed confident) the 5th of May (yes, that IS tomorrow... but the track my order dodad says "out for delivery" at 7am this morning)

The courier claims they couldn't find us to deliver the parcel you see - after all with a building name, street name, town name, county and post code it's a tall ask to locate a building named after a landmark that it's next to... 
So this time the driver has instructions to call me... and details of what's next door on either side (computer shop and Indian restaurant) and a link to google maps street view looking at the building.

If they can't find it this time I may implode with anger at the "improvement". While using prime I've had enough problems that Amazon have given me a free month of Prime three times now - can't help but think that's just prolonging the suffering so far.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Hmm... should have looked more closely - they'd divided my parcel up into three packages, and only one is out for delivery today.

Interestingly they sent the extra long cables I need to rearrange my desk for the third monitor that they haven't sent.

*phone call*

Turns out that was the only package resent... so they're crediting me with a £15 voucher to spend with them...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Oh wow... and just to rub it in, the package arriving today contained Borderlands GOTY edition, which you can't activate on steam making it harder to play with the other friends who just picked the PC version of this up. It was however cheaper. Can't even return it, as I had to unwrap it to get at the code.

I've not had much luck with this purchase... and it was sort of my birthday pressie :(

• chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Amazon Logistics is fairly recent I think, I've had ok experiences so far. Sunday deliveries are handy.

Sadly Amazon's customer service plays the numbers, we had a paperback posted via Royal Mail this week in one of their cardboard envelopes, which obviously ended up being nicely folded along the line.

Replacement dispatched straight away, came by Amazon Logistics today, arrived fine, still in the cardboard envelope.

There business model is clearly do everything cheap, it'll go wrong 1/100 times, then compensate that customer. It must still work out cheaper than doing it better for everyone, or they'd do that.

So the GOTY version doesn't play nice with the normal version? How odd!

Amazon Logistics is fairly recent I think, I've had ok experiences so far. Sunday deliveries are handy.

Sadly Amazon's customer service plays the numbers, we had a paperback posted via Royal Mail this week in one of their cardboard envelopes, which obviously ended up being nicely folded along the line.

Replacement dispatched straight away, came by Amazon Logistics today, arrived fine, still in the cardboard envelope.

There business model is clearly do everything cheap, it'll go wrong 1/100 times, then compensate that customer. It must still work out cheaper than doing it better for everyone, or they'd do that.

So the GOTY version doesn't play nice with the normal version? How odd!

Some strange licensing issue... the serial numbers for on-disk GOTY editions wont register on Steam - normal ones will, and GOTY downloaded from steam will...

As we were going to be playing via steam I didn't want to run the risk of it not working properly with other copies, or having trouble finding friends online... so found an ultra cheap download code ($8.97 - USD but from New Zealand) 
    Monitor arrived today... 

Is wrong model.

So I've used the "exchange" option... now I get to wait for two couriers to find the place
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27445
    You're not having a whole lot of luck here.

:(
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    No...

Worse - to get an idea of size and the likes I put the (wrong) monitor in place... turn it all on, and because I'm an AMD customer, I need an extra widget to get three monitors working - go and get one... oh... sorry did we say DisplayPort to HDMI? We meant Active DisplayPort to HDMI, the other one wont work.

Thanks AMD, you're a star!

So I've got a widget on order, and a widget to take back to (look, it was the only electronics shop that sold such things!) PCWorld for a refund.

There are however so far no faults with the books I ordered.