Tele kit wiring help?

I've just nearly finished a tele type guitar kit that i had for xmas, and tbh although its not perfect i'm quite pleased with the outcome - it seems to stay in tune and the action doesnt seem bad (although a good setup would help).
Anyways the only thing i have left to do is wire up the electrics on the control plate which has one of those 3 way 7 lug import switches but i have a spare 5 way switch which i fancy dropping in for a couple of extra options (series/parallel?).
Does anyone know any wiring diagrams for this type of switch that would work on a tele?
image       image
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 27586
    I'm not sure a normal 5-way will get you very far - a Megaswitch would probably be the better bet.

Or a Superswitch, but I think (could be wrong here) they're a struggle to fit into a Tele control cavity.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Seymour duncan site has loads of excellent wiring diagrams.

Sporky: I dropped a Superswitch into a tele, close fit but worked for me with tidy soldering.
  • Well i've found one that i'm gonna try -but i've bought a proper fender switch to fit.
    Should be:
    Pos 1 - neck with less bottom (2uf cap)
    Pos 2 - neck/bridge both out of phase
    Pos 3,4,5 - as a normal 3 way.
    Soldering iron at the ready!
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4125
    edited August 2013
    http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7440801/Guitar Wiring/Tele5-WayHOoP.jpg This is a useful diagram, all settings usable. Actually similar to what you are doing.
  • Cool, thanks!:)
  • I've gone with the suggestion from koneguitarist - there's a ground wire coming directly off the volume pot - can anyone advise where's the best place to ground it to?
  • I've gone with the suggestion from koneguitarist - there's a ground wire coming directly off the volume pot - can anyone advise where's the best place to ground it to?
    That's meant to go to the bridge plate. Not needed if your pickup is has a connection from earth to the baseplate like a Fender pickup, but you'll probably need it if the pickups came with the kit.
  • suspiciousmindssuspiciousminds Frets: 383
    edited September 2013
    Ahh, thanks guitarmonkey - thought it possibly mite be that - temporarily i've attached it to the base plate of the bridge pickup and its working ok on all positions however theres a lot of intermittant backgroung buzzing - i'll try the bridge plate tmoz.:)