Line of Duty - Final episode this Sunday - Who is H ?

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14036
in Off Topic tFB Trader
Image result for steps hDo we find out this Sunday that H was a former member in Steps ?

Seriously I think there has to be a twist - I don't think we'll find out who H is this month - It will be a cliff hanger for a new series - But it won't be Hastings - Just a hunch
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23964
    Not seen any of it.

Is it good?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well I think it's been confirmed that there will be one final season (next year, hopefully), so I don't think there'll be a satisfactory conclusion on Sunday. 

My predictions:

Hastings (or someone else maybe) will be outed as H and be arrested and charged, and Steve, Kate et al will assume 'job done'

Hastings will protest his innocence, but nobody will believe him

However, the sting in the tail will be in the final minutes when we the audience discover that Hastings genuinely IS being set up, and we find out who H really is (I'd like it if it was that DCS Carmichael, cos she seems stone-cold vicious!)

Then the final season will be a battle between Hastings trying to prove his innocence from prison (possibly with the clandestine co-operation of Kate/Steve), while the real H tries frantically to suppress the truth

Of course, I'll end up being proved completely wrong!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14036
    tFB Trader
    Not seen any of it.

Is it good?
    yes - They bring in on or two links from previous series - Worth watching - Not sure it is as good as previous series regarding intrigue and the story line - Maybe with all such runs, it can run out of fresh ideas -
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1391
    I reckon it’s that Lawyer, Gill Biggeloe - seems a bit too sneaky and manipulative.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14036
    tFB Trader

However, the sting in the tail will be in the final minutes when we the audience discover that Hastings genuinely IS being set up, and we find out who H really is (I'd like it if it was that DCS Carmichael, cos she seems stone-cold vicious!)

Think my hunch is heading this way - There is no time to bring in a new character this week, above Hastings - So she is the only big wig around for now and is manipulating issues as required
  • paulphoenixpaulphoenix Frets: 141
    edited May 2019
    SimonC said:
    I reckon it’s that Lawyer, Gill Biggeloe - seems a bit too sneaky and manipulative.
    This is my hunch too - she is privy to Police procedures, personnel files and all the intel comes direct from the top brass due to her civilian position within the force. 

And no doubt Biggeloe isn't her maiden name or birth name...watch your back Hastings. 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11496
    tFB Trader
    SimonC said:
    That is where my suspicions have been going , and Hastings is wary of her......hence removing his own laptop

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    edited May 2019
    It will carry on into the next series. Lisa is clearly an undercover cop, that has been obvious from episode 1. H will turn out to be this guy:

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    It’s bound to involve a plot twist and I agree about Lisa being an undercover copper. I think H is the woman police chief. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    H = HarrySeven.  =)
    Be seeing you.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    H is Polly Walker, minx and all round naughty girl :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    SimonC said:
    Yeah I reckon it could be her, although most lawyers are sneaky and manipulative  B)
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2261

I reckon it's pretty Polly too (otherwise her role is just a waste of space) ... but we won't find out until next series to string it all along. 

To be frank, now that Stephen Graham has gone it's hard to give a monkey's one way or another because his performance alone has been worth watching. He'll win an award. If he doesn't, it's a stitch-up.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I’m a bit worried that Jed has lost his way a bit and has tied himself up in knots.

LoD was at its best when the twisting turning plot of an investigation was in full swing. The story arc of H and the OCG is all very well, but by putting it front and centre this series I think he’s really limited his options.

At the end of the day, it’s become the “who is H?” show, and for me now, no matter what, the reveal will always feel a bit of a let down. 

No doubt it will be stalled for a final season reveal. I just hope that the final season isn’t another OCG H fest. 

To be honest, at this stage I think the most shocking reveal he can come up with now is that H actually is Hastings and the decoys and dummies of everyone else is exactly that. But even then, it raises far more questions than it answers. 

Having said that, I’m quite prepared for Jed to pull a blinder out of the hat and do something completely left field - and given that that’s his calling card then it’s quite possible. We have become so geared up to expecting huge twists and reveals across all the series to date that he’s in danger of being hoisted by his own petard tho.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1391
    The biggest mystery for me is when did we stop watching “series” and start watching “seasons”.

Is it anything to do with Chris Packham?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    edited May 2019
    I’m a bit worried that Jed has lost his way a bit and has tied himself up in knots.

LoD was at its best when the twisting turning plot of an investigation was in full swing. The story arc of H and the OCG is all very well, but by putting it front and centre this series I think he’s really limited his options.

I agree, and I think they've put Hastings himself too much at the centre of the story this series.

In last week's episode when Hastings set up his meeting with the OCG I found it a bit embarrassing to watch.  Not because of Adrian Dunbar's acting, I just didn't believe in "Ted Hastings, undercover agent", at all.  It's not what he does.

And the bit when he was sitting at the computer pretending to be Mr Big, typing things like "Now listen here, fella" while Fleming and Arnott rolled their eyes uncomfortably.

I was even starting to think hmmm, this is all getting a bit shite... then the episode was rescued by that great interrogation scene with Anna Maxwell Martin.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Image result for steps hDo we find out this Sunday that H was a former member in Steps ?
    Speaking of H out of Steps, it was prescient of him to adopt the nickname "H" long before the other Ian Watkins became famous.  Or infamous.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    H = HarrySeven.  =)
    His house would make the perfect hiding place for a massive drug/corps stash
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1374
    I think it's the DCC- I think she is called Heather?
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11790
    I've been sure since the start that it wasn't Hastings
    The way that he has been suggested as being H has been quite a bit overcooked, a bit patronising on the viewers I think
    since the start, they have flagged than Lisa is very uncomfortable, hence me always thinking she was undercover police

I assume some closure will be needed at the end of the series
    I think Polly Walker has been trailed as the most obvious candidate