Line of Duty - Final episode this Sunday - Who is H ?

What's Hot

Comments

• I thought they'd spend all season setting up Hastings as H but then it would turn out to be someone else.

But now I think it might actually be Hastings.

In one of the earlier episodes when Stephen Graham was having the text chat with (who we presume to be) H, H misspelled the word 'definitely' 'definately'. I wasn't sure whether that was a clue or not but in a later episode when Hastings is sending the OCG messages, he makes the same mistake. We also see him binning his laptop, sooo...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    I thought they'd spend all season setting up Hastings as H but then it would turn out to be someone else.

In one of the earlier episodes when Stephen Graham was having the text chat with (who we presume to be) H, H misspelled the word 'definitely' 'definately'. I wasn't sure whether that was a clue or not but in a later episode when Hastings is sending the OCG messages, he makes the same mistake. We also see him binning his laptop, sooo...
    A double bluff. Could be.

Im sure the writers know full well what they are doing in manipulating the psychology of the audience. Then wham there's the twist that nobody predicted in the final episode. Must be a bitch to write this stuff.
  • I'm at work on night shift Sunday night so not gonna get to see it, and Mrs DGUYDJ is refusing to hold off on watching it so we could watch it together on Monday night instead. Such a meanie!

Gonna have to go on a news and social media lock-down for a day or two until a get a bit of free time on Tuesday or Wednesday to lock myself away and watch it! 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10266

I'm H and so is my wife. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14415
    H = HarrySeven.  =)
    His house would make the perfect hiding place for a massive drug/corps stash
    Ssh!

Not so much his house, more the gear warehouse outbuildings formerly known as Staffordshire.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11886
    I thought they'd spend all season setting up Hastings as H but then it would turn out to be someone else.

you can't have a "twist" at the end unless you get people believing something incorrect
    I think these red herrings are a bit too obvious

In fact, the first time I saw "definately" appear, I knew that would be a plot element, and kept waiting for Hastings to type it in for several episodes, it was almost sad to see it appear, I think it's way too unsubtle
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4492
    I think Hastings has his suspicions who it is, but can't prove it yet.  But it's someone he gets emails from, and he knows they spell it 'definately'.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5143
    I’ll just wait until the next Gogglebox episode to find out.... :)

https://i.imgur.com/uhUBYKm.jpg
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2407
    I’ve only just got round to finishing the first series. Please don’t spoil it for me!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14195
    tFB Trader
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14195
    tFB Trader
    beed84 said:
    I’ve only just got round to finishing the first series. Please don’t spoil it for me!
    I might start again from first series
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3876
    edited May 2019
    I think it quite simply is Hastings.

Anyone notice when the computer screen comms were going on 'H' misspelt 'definitely' (definately). Hastings then misspelt it in front of the team when he assumed the role.
    I've been sure since the start that it wasn't Hastings
    The way that he has been suggested as being H has been quite a bit overcooked, a bit patronising on the viewers I think
    since the start, they have flagged than Lisa is very uncomfortable, hence me always thinking she was undercover police

I assume some closure will be needed at the end of the series
    I think Polly Walker has been trailed as the most obvious candidate
    Told you so 

Good fun, but not as good as series one or the Thandie Newton one
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22742
    beed84 said:
    I might start again from first series
    I didn't watch the first series, only started with the second.  I must watch the first some time.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3876
    Gah. I'm going back to the snooker. At least that doesn't hurt my head.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    That ending was a lot of old bollocks.  Can’t believe they strung us along for that?
    It’s  like the writers just ran out of ideas. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    RobDavies said:
    That ending was a lot of old bollocks.  Can’t believe they strung us along for that?
    It’s  like the writers just ran out of ideas. 
    Agreed !
    It was piss poor :(

#thebatesmotelband
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    We found the last episode a bit poor, the  extended interview with Ted Hastings was boring.

Gill Biggeloe/Polly Walker gives me the raging horn though so it's not all bad.

We found the last episode a bit poor, the  extended interview with Ted Hastings was boring.

Gill Biggeloe/Polly Walker gives me the raging horn though so it's not all bad.

I rewatched "Rome" recently (after a holiday in Rome), hence me remembering her name ;-)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22742
    I find the extended interrogation scenes the best part of the series.  There's a real sense of tension and an ominous atmosphere... but the ending was a bit of a letdown this time.

The postscripts at the end - "Steve Arnott now runs a fleet of ice cream vans in Blackpool", etc - seemed a bit silly given the script was constantly referring to dates as recent as March 2019.

Still great stuff, though.