How to scrap an amp?

What's Hot
sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
Last week my old Marshall combo started smelling, then smoking, then light went out, started fizzing, at which point I decided it has had its day.

made a bit of an effort to see if it was worth repairing  but that would mean spending money on an old amp, when I get the chance to spend money on a new amp!

so where do I scrap the amp ?  
I split the cab a few years ago so that could carry the thing, so I an keep the main cab and speaker for another experiment.

otherwise it’s going to the tip
any ideas?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3039
    What model is it? I may be interested for spares.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    Give it to someone for spare parts. Even the least valuable guitar amp will have a few useful bits in it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3137
    tFB Trader
    All mnfrs of guitar amplifiers are required to offer free disposal/recycling of units under WEEE regulations, contact your nearest one to find out how to do it.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    edited May 2019
    RiftAmps said:
    All mnfrs of guitar amplifiers are required to offer free disposal/recycling of units under WEEE regulations, contact your nearest one to find out how to do it.
    I think WEEE only applies if a retailer sells you a new version of the same item, they have to offer a free take back / disposal service. I'm sure it's more onerous if you are a producer however. 

Edit: you did actually say manufacturers, not retailers, my mistake.
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1270
    Put it as a freebie on gumtree or simply take it to your local recycling centre.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I found a SuperPA at a recycling centre a few years back and gave it to a mate as a project. He fixed it up but I haven't seen it yet.