SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Aria Pro 2. 1980 SB-600 in rare Amberburst with case. Can post

EcoWarriorEcoWarrior Frets: 17
edited May 2019 in Basses £
Now reduced to £490.  (was £550).  No trades thanks. Made in June 1980. A very rare amberburst colour with unique burst going up the back of the next. Only ever seen another one of these before. Has new Kent Armstrong custom built pickup which is a replica of the original, cost approx £120. I don't have the original pickup. It has a missing switch which I guess is easily replaceable and can be connected to the pickup to switch off a coil I believe. New strings. I don't know the weight, I will get this sorted ASAP although it doesn't feel heavy. It comes with a gig bag. I can post this as have some decent packaging, will be around £28. Based in mid-Norfolk, it's worth a drive for this magnificent looking rare specimen! No hurry to sell.  I have lots more photos.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    Very, VERY nice. GLWTS. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14415
    rare
    Well done, if you ask me. :)

It has a missing switch ...  to switch off a coil. 
    Correct. The SB600 had a coil split for the humbucker.

If the Armstrong pickup has the necessary number of conductors, the coil split function could be reinstated.

Alternatively, it might be possible to try series/parallel coil interconnection or even steal the rotary mode switch idea from the SB1000.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom