Moby's Trump story

What's Hot
JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
edited May 2019 in Off Topic

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1576
    edited May 2019
    Probably would get much love in this parish but I loved play when it first came out. Fitted that time in the life perfectly. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Probably would get much live in this parish but I loved play when it first can out. Fitted that time in the life perfectly. 
    Play defined a whole genre, incredible record. Lost track of him in recent years but 2002's 18 was another great record.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    JezWynd said:
    Probably would get much live in this parish but I loved play when it first can out. Fitted that time in the life perfectly. 
    Play defined a whole genre, incredible record. Lost track of him in recent years but 2002's 18 was another great record.
    Yup. Between Moby, Fatboy Slim, Chemical Bros and Prodigy you've got that late 90's non-rock music pretty nicely sewn up. 

Play is a fantastic record.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Won't be able to think of Moby now without knowing his penis has been tainted by the repulsive grotesque Donald Trump.
    I wouldn't have touched him with a barge-pole let alone my penis.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • redrighthandredrighthand Frets: 745
    For anyone who was into Play (and that’s a lot of people) there’s a Podcast you must listen to, featuring the guy who lent Moby those original Blues CDs. The following webpage has a link http://www.vinylmeplease.com/magazine/moby-best-podcast-ever/
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4028
    edited May 2019
    For anyone who was into Play (and that’s a lot of people) there’s a Podcast you must listen to, featuring the guy who lent Moby those original Blues CDs.
    Cheers for the heads up on that.  Just d/l'd the mp3.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    For anyone who was into Play (and that’s a lot of people) there’s a Podcast you must listen to, featuring the guy who lent Moby those original Blues CDs. The following webpage has a link http://www.vinylmeplease.com/magazine/moby-best-podcast-ever/
    Thanks for the link. I can't get it to load in the Apple store atm for some reason. I'll try again later, it sounds intriguing.
  • My favourite Moby tune is Mobility. Dark and mysterious 

https://youtu.be/W89ZMdVsock
  • Yes Play is excellent all the way through ... great blues samples
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    JezWynd said:
    Yup. Between Moby, Fatboy Slim, Chemical Bros and Prodigy you've got that late 90's non-rock music pretty nicely sewn up. 

Play is a fantastic record.
    And massive attack!!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.