I'm a frikkin eedjit!

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
I don't lose my temper with people. I lose my temper with inanimate objects that fail. Our toaster has been on a slow decline of failure, and today it refused to work. temper got the best of me and yes, I taught it a lesson and smashed it against the wall (luckily Mrs A still in bed!). Unfortunately, somehow (don't ask me how!!) my index finger got between the toaster and the wall! and my pained right index finger is now black under the nail at the base. For many people this would be a bit of a problem, but I actually use that nail instead of a plectrum when playing guitar so it is potentially a BIG problem, especially if it decides to come off. Yup, I'm a complete twonk!

I plan to take the toaster outside later and smash it to pieces with a sledgehammer!

Please post facepalms, I'm not feeling enough of an idiot yet.
4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    edited May 2014

Do unplug it first before taking the sledgehammer to it.   And of course you are quite right to treat your toaster in this fashion ... crappy imported toasters have been getting away with it for far too long IMHO.  They come into this country in far greater numbers than should be allowed and spoil our English breakfasts  ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    Don't get anything else caught there when you apply the sledgehammer.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    Tom Petty managed to badly injure his left hand when he punched a studio wall in frustration in the mid-80s. The surgery required to repair it involved metal pins - apparently it still causes him pain.

Very foolish....
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    Interesting, lie down on this couch and tell us all about it... A psych would tell you that such expressions of anger at inanimate objects are important, and most likely represent genuine anger that you feel - but cannot express - towards people in your life.

Like guys who punch the wall in frustration instead of their missus. (cf Basil Fawlty + Branch + broken-down car.)

Just saying. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    I've smashed up too much stuff in my life to offer emotional/ spiritual advice.

On a practical level all I'd say is that smashing it with a sledgehammer is better done in your imagination as a symbolic coup de grace, and that Argos, Currys et al are open on Bank Holidays.
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    Black under the nail near the base? Get yourself a pin, heat it till it glows red (a gas hob will do perfectly) and gently give the top of the nail a poke.

You'll know when to stop when the blood starts to shoot out of the hole.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I have probably said this before, but when someone finds a way to make a pick out of your own finger nail * It will be a wonderful tone discovery. (Mark Knopfler etc.......)

* I can think of 2 ways this could happen. The second method will need a bit of development and a moral dilemma over the welfare of the Mouse.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24301
    If you're throwing simple things like that, you have some anger issues squire. That's not normal behaviour. Throwing things should only happen when the object is a computer or expensive mobile phone. Toasters don't count.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    What did you have for breakfast in the end?
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I might be able to help out if you need a replacement toaster........

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    You see, let Johnny Foreigner toaster in and there goes our traditional way of life! Dualit, quality, British, even makes good toast. You can easily replace every part in the unlikely event it goes wrong. And if you try and give him a thrashing and you won't get far.
    From Wiki -

"Although advertising by Dualit tries to give the impression that their toasters are repairable and made in the UK, this is not entirely true. Their range of 'lite' toasters are both not repairable and made outside the UK, in China. Dualit do not put anything on their product or packaging to indicate this."

It's no good trying to pull the wool over the eyes of a toaster expert. And the founder was born in Germany!

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7285
    Is this the start of another 3 month long what toaster thread?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ

Not from me it won't be.

Dunno about Axisus, though.

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12313
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    You need an Aga. You can do toast on it. And you most certainly can not pick it up and poorly throw it. Not that I've tried to pick it up.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    edited May 2014

jd0272 said:
    You need an Aga. You can do toast on it. And you most certainly can not pick it up and poorly throw it. Not that I've tried to pick it up.
    You can.