So, apparently a football thing happened?

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    axisus said:
    I’m still a bit shocked at what I just witnessed to be honest... such a special game, and very emotional at the end. I’ll be praying for a little more divine intervention at Brighton this weekend 

No way on earth are Brighton gonna get a draw! The last chance of the title went when Leicester failed. I'd have much preferred Liverpool to win the prem but it ain't gonna happen now.
    Brighton are okay defensively, just not much up front.  If Man C are nervous stranger things have happened, if Man C turn up all guns blazing it will be a massacre.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    All scoucers must be praying for a Spurs comeback now  :#
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3018
    edited May 2019
    Unbelievable. Klopp is a legend. Is there a better manager in the world? 
    errr, yes.  Pep.   Klopp hasnt actually won anything yet.

If you could choose any manager in the world for your team, right now, who would you pick?

Edit: to compare with Pep, Klopp has built his team from up from an average level. Pep seems to inherit already good teams and spend a hell of a lot of money making them a bit better. His champions league record in recent years is not good. There is only a point between Liverpool and Man City in the league. We don't know how Pep would do if he started with an average or poor team. Give me Klopp every day of the week. If he stays at Liverpool for the next few years, he will start winning things, (I can't see Pep staying at Man City for that long).   

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    All scoucers must be praying for a Spurs comeback now  :#
    The token scouser on BBC this morning wanted Ajax so it feels more European.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • All scoucers must be praying for a Spurs comeback now  :#
    I think we're assured of a belting final, whoever it is. 

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I picked Ajax as the team I wanted to win on here back the other month (because I wanted Liverpool to focus on the league) so I want Ajax in the final, playing another English team would feel a bit of a let down.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Personally I'd like to see both European finals contested by the 4 English teams, cos we have THE BEST LEAGUE!!!

For a game to enjoy I'd much prefer Liverpool Ajax though.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    There's a couple of vlogs on youtube of last nights game if anyone wants a feel for the atmosphere. Be warned there is some high pitched squealing and some swear words....
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9687
    JAYJO said:
    There's a couple of vlogs on youtube of last nights game if anyone wants a feel for the atmosphere. Be warned there is some high pitched squealing and some swear words....
    That was just Klopp's post match interview wasn't it?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860
    axisus said:
    Personally I'd like to see both European finals contested by the 4 English teams, cos we have THE BEST LEAGUE!!!

I wish this desire for English players to think somehow Real Madrid or Barca is a superior club will be over, (I mean they have been for the past decade been VERY consistent within the European competitions) now that Ronaldo has left and it seems Messi's best seasons are behind him, we will see the Prem being the destination for top players, and not RM/FCB.   We have the money, we have the crowds, we have the global audience and we have the competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4256
    My flights are booked. Was there in Istanbul, Athens and Kiev. A mixture of joy and pain, but hoping this year we bring it home. This team deserves it, they are incredible.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    axisus said:

I wish this desire for English players to think somehow Real Madrid or Barca is a superior club will be over, (I mean they have been for the past decade been VERY consistent within the European competitions) now that Ronaldo has left and it seems Messi's best seasons are behind him, we will see the Prem being the destination for top players, and not RM/FCB.   We have the small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Rush goalie. Two at the back, three in the middle, four up front, one's gone home for his tea. Beans on toast? Possibly, don't quote me on that. Marvellous.

Fixed that for you.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited May 2019
    axisus said:
    I’m still a bit shocked at what I just witnessed to be honest... such a special game, and very emotional at the end. I’ll be praying for a little more divine intervention at Brighton this weekend 

No way on earth are Brighton gonna get a draw! The last chance of the title went when Leicester failed. I'd have much preferred Liverpool to win the prem but it ain't gonna happen now.
    I don't know mate...everything looked in barca's favour before last night, so it just goes to show anything can happen in football...Brighton, while not exactly world beaters, will want to go down as the infamous team that pooped on pep's parade. They'll know the world will be watching and will want to make a name for themselves. That's the straw i'm clutching onto anyhow.

mgaw said:
    what a performance from Liverpool....shocked totally thought Barca would get through..Jurgen Klopp for Prime Minister at least
    Why because he's good at staying in Europe?
    SATIRE FTW
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9687
    @mudslide73 did you see our social media team half-trolling Liverpool earlier?

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited May 2019
    Have the Liverpool squad listening to this, by perchance:

Fearless

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3059
    @mudslide73 did you see our social media team half-trolling Liverpool earlier?

Yep.. it's all we can do now though.. look back at it like the Wo1ve5 thing. All in the past sadly. @thecolourbox . I still don't pine for Pulisball though.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11289
    Come on you Spurs!!

What a game!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Now we just need Arsenal to reach their cup final.....
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    I fucking LOVE football  what a game what a two nights what a season
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    axisus said:

I wish this desire for English players to think somehow Real Madrid or Barca is a superior club will be over, (I mean they have been for the past decade been VERY consistent within the European competitions) now that Ronaldo has left and it seems Messi's best seasons are behind him, we will see the Prem being the destination for top players, and not RM/FCB.   We have the money, we have the crowds, we have the global audience and we have the competition.
    But no sunshine and supermodels