Any Liverpool fans out there....?

What's Hot
sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
in Off Topic tFB Trader
I’m a Liverpool fan living in Wolverhampton. After the past week in football, anything is possible. 
Just taken the lead...still 0-0 in the City Brighton game.

Come on you red men!!! YNWA. 
For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    My next door neighbour is an 80s glory hunter from Somerset. He was shouting his head off for a bit. Then City equalised, and went ahead. He’s been pretty quiet since. 

For the sake of my evening, and my kids getting to sleep, I really hope City win. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    Man City at 4-1 looks like a done deal.

Liverpool the bridesmaids again.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited May 2019
    prowla said:

Aye seasons dead and over with. Oh no hang on still got the champions League to fall back on.

The funny thing is, I'm sure City would swap places with us given the choice, as we would with them. They'd rather the CL and we'd rather the league title.

I've loved this season, the fact we could run City to within a point given the resources available to them is amazing, and am really happy with how the club is going. 

We have not lost at Anfield for 2 seasons, had 2 players top the scoring charts, our centre back won player of the year, our LB and RB have assist stats that most midfield players would be happy with and our keeper has the most clean sheets.

Also really helps seeing Man U 32 points below us.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    underdog said:
    prowla said:

Aye seasons dead and over with. Oh no hang on still got the champions League to fall back on.

The funny thing is, I'm sure City would swap places with us given the choice, as we would with them. They'd rather the CL and we'd rather the league title.

I've loved this season, the fact we could run City to within a point given the resources available to them is amazing, and am really happy with how the club is going. 

We have not lost at Anfield for 2 seasons, had 2 players top the scoring charts, our centre back won player of the year, our LB and RB have assist stats that most midfield players would be happy with and our keeper has the most clean sheets.

yes it was 5 minutes of topping the league this afternoon but the day ended exactly as expected. Can't wait for the CL final. In a funny sort of way I'd rather win the CL than the league. Cream of the Crop and all that. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    underdog said:
    prowla said:

its not like you guys haven't splashed a shit load of cash then?

182 million euros according to this site

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-liverpool/alletransfers/verein/31

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    Liverpool blew it this year. Weren't they 7 points ahead? I didn't for one minute think they would win the league once they wasted that lead with a bunch of draws, neither team looked like dropping points after that part of the season. They have been amazing this year but sadly if you are't the winner you are just one of the losers. If they don't win the CL it has been a poor season ... which is tough to take when they have been so brilliant. That's football.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    underdog said:
    prowla said:

its not like you guys haven't splashed a shit load of cash then?

182 million euros according to this site

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-liverpool/alletransfers/verein/31

€182,000,000 which the sale of Coutinho almost covered by itself, that's before you count the other sales.

So we bought from funds raised by the club, as per the rules mate. Not really seeing your point.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    Liverpool didn't blow it. Both teams were unbeaten in the Premiership since January. City deservedly won it by winning their last 14 games. Can't argue with that sort of form.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2760
    I love how Liverpool is a real local football team, filled with local players ;)

seriously though, what a football season :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
    Both Liverpool & City were superb this season, IMO Klopp & Pep are this generation's SAF & Wenger and have raised the stakes for football, for how to play it (pressing, tactics etc) with a special mention to Poch, his teams can compete on the field but not off the field for purchase power. 

From a perspective about the league itself the one shame is remainder of teams are so far in quality from the top 2.  I really can't see other teams taking on the top 2 whilst those managers are still with their prospective clubs, but it's up to the other big teams to try. 
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited May 2019
    underdog said:
    prowla said:

@underdog What's the charity of your choice to get that tenner to on the bet we had a bit back? 

I lose. 

At least this MUFC has some bloody honour left....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2760
    Both Liverpool & City were superb this season, IMO Klopp & Pep are this generation's SAF & Wenger and have raised the stakes for football, for how to play it (pressing, tactics etc) with a special mention to Poch, his teams can compete on the field but not off the field for purchase power. 

From a perspective about the league itself the one shame is remainder of teams are so far in quality from the top 2.  I really can't see other teams taking on the top 2 whilst those managers are still with their prospective clubs, but it's up to the other big teams to try. 
    When Leicester can win the premiership, who knows

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    Wow, Liverpool only lost 1 match all season, City lost 4. 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12896
    underdog said:

Incredible what you can do with so little. Liverpool have never even spent more than £75m on a single player for goodness sake.  
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    underdog said:
    prowla said:

@underdog What's the charity of your choice to get that tenner to on the bet we had a bit back? 

I lose. 

At least this MUFC has some bloody honour left....

Fair play to you mate. I thought about our bet this afternoon funny enough. I wanted to donate it to fans supporting food banks, but there doesn't seem to be a way to donate money. 

So how's about next time it's convenient you donate £10 worth of food to your local foodbank and I will do the same at my local in your honour?
    underdog said:

Incredible what you can do with so little. Liverpool have never even spent more than £75m on a single player for goodness sake.  

Again everything is relative, it's thanks to City that the average price of a decent player is now £35,000,000 or more. 

We've spent what we earned, nothing more, that's why we aren't being investigated by the premier League, uefa and FIFA, unlike city.
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    For excitement I'd rather Liverpool were playing Ajax in the final - really don't want a cagey game against Spurs that may go either way.
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    What a season! As a Liverpool fan I'm obviously gutted but we've watched some brilliant football this season and still the CL final to come
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12896
    I'm not sure that watching fans of a team with a £60m goalkeeper and a £200m+ wage bill tie themselves in knots pretending their team isn't also spending insane sums of money will ever stop being hilarious.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    I'm not sure that watching fans of a team with a £60m goalkeeper and a £200m+ wage bill tie themselves in knots pretending their team isn't also spending insane sums of money will ever stop being hilarious.

Are you really that daft you can't see the difference between spending money from player sales and club profits and having made up over price sponsorship deals to buy whoever you want.

We bought our world class keeper and world class centre back by selling a midfielder to Barca last season and selling a CB to palace. 

If everyone played within the rules then there's be nothing to complain about would there. Look at Chelsea's fortunes now Roman has stopped bankrolling the team.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom