Last exam... Now what?

What's Hot
MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
Today was the last exam of the last year of my degree...

Now I need to sit and wait to see what grades I got so I know what to do with my life ... 

Waiting is no fun... So what fun things can I do to pass the time? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
    edited May 2019
    A bit of a crazy suggestion but have you thought about playing the guitar? 

Congrats on making it this far and good luck with the results. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14220
    tFB Trader
    Myranda said:
    Today was the last exam of the last year of my degree...

Now I need to sit and wait to see what grades I got so I know what to do with my life ... 

Waiting is no fun... So what fun things can I do to pass the time? 
    get pissed
    find a good shag
    then if any spare time get a shit part time job

Seriously, best of luck with the results and what ever happens next
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    I'm really pleased for you, @Myranda, and glad that you stuck to the task.  I remember plenty of stuff getting thrown in your way that would have caused a lesser person to give up (episodes with your Ma, the plagiarism thing, etc).

Best of luck with your results - bring on the druny!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6904
    Start applying for jobs and putting yourself about (in the job market) maybe offer yourself up for some work experience.

Get in early before the rest of the graduate crowd start applying. I know it might be difficult waiting for results and you might be precluded from applying for some positions but don’t think there’s any harm in writing some speculative letters or applying for jobs saying you’re expecting a 2:1 etc.

I’d view that as showing great initiative if I was an employer. 

Good luck!
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Drink.  Relax.

Won't be long until life grabs you with work and more deadlines for your job,

This little interim moment you  have is precious, I wish I had done more with it.

So, drink! relax!  And forget about grades until you get them.

(Maybe get your git profile active and look for some work too though eh)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    Help Emp buy a car?

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    It's a bit radical, especially for this place but you could play your guitar?

Failing that, get druny and enjoy summer.
    Well done.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7284
    write a novel
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1174
    Iamnobody said:
    Start applying for jobs and putting yourself about (in the job market) maybe offer yourself up for some work experience.

Get in early before the rest of the graduate crowd start applying. I know it might be difficult waiting for results and you might be precluded from applying for some positions but don’t think there’s any harm in writing some speculative letters or applying for jobs saying you’re expecting a 2:1 etc.

I’d view that as showing great initiative if I was an employer. 

Good luck!
    ^^^^ This.  While my daughter was awaiting her results she had a number of offers dependent upon the outcome.  She got a First so had the pick of jobs.  The important point here is that she was fixed up before the result was known.  Steal a march on your competitors @Myranda .
  • Hand your application in at Starbucks.

Bye!

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    There were *some* drinks... a celebration of sorts.

Today I shall mostly be shooshing every thing I see.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    Well done, it's a credit to you that you achived this in what many would consider difficult circumstances. I'm impressed you have managed to stick it out.
    After the hangover, start badgering employers subject to the results. Also find a part time job or get a summer fruit picking job to top up the tan and build up a cash reserve/pay off the student loan. But you're a shrewd girl, you always figure it out.

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    My initial thoughts would be start applying for stuff with "anitcipated grades" but then I think back to finishing my last exam, getting a phone call in the afternoon about a contract position, going "how much an hour!" and starting work 2 days later. Only to still be wanting to take a month off about 25 years later.
    So now I'm inclined to say, just bum around for a bit and enjoy the break. Fix up those loose ends that you won't have time for when you're working.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28336
    Well done for getting the exams done, hope the results are good. I keep thinking that if I had a lot of spare time I'd binge watch a load of TV stuff. I spend more time bookmarking interesting things on Netflix than I actually do watching them!
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    If you can, travel. Doesn’t have to be expensive. You may never have the time again.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    edited May 2019
    Stick yourself in the army. Send yourself dahn the mines.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • guitarcookie1guitarcookie1 Frets: 464
    Well done, I’m sure it hasn’t been easy. 

Druny (a bit), then job; good luck :) 

• Dress up as the Mudvayne bassist and run around Acton going BR BR DENG BR BR DENG at weed dealers.

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    Iamnobody said:

Get in early before the rest of the graduate crowd start applying. 

Without being too negative, my company (engineering) is fairly typical in that it does most of it's graduate recruitment by the end of the previous year (i.e. done in Dec 2018 for a Sept 2019 start date) all based on anticipated grades.

But well done Myranda for finishing the degree, it's an impressive achievement on a course like yours.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.