Question For Helix + Kemper owners..

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
edited May 2019 in Amps
If you own both a Helix and a Kemper and had to get rid of one... which one would you keep?

I've seen posts on other forums where owners of both use the Helix as their FX board and then the Kemper for the amp simulation. Any one on here using this sort of combination?

I have a Helix LT and love the FX on it and often plug it straight into my amp as an FX board, however I'm not convinced on the amp simulations, they (to me) still have that woolieness(?)  i.e the amp under a blanket OR full on fizz, that seems to typify amp simulations in general (to my ears anyway)
How would you dual owners rate the amp simulations on the Helix against the Kemper profiles that yoou have created or purchased?

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    edited May 2019
    Keep the Kemper, easy decision and one I have made. With an FrFr Atomic CLR setup the Kemper amps are in a different league, the only things lacking in the Kemper are effects and the arcane file system
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627
    I have both.  Kemper for studio, Helix for live but either can do both jobs. I suspect that when the long awaited editor arrives for the Kemper that it may give it the edge.

I've not had the Helix for long (I've had the Kemper for a few years) but it was very easy to get a set list up and running.  Whether you are using the PC editor or tweaking from the board itself - this thing is extremely well thought out.
  • I’ve had both, kept the Kemper. I really do miss the Helix for its awesome hardware and options etc but Kemper just sounds better to me. 

I did do do a few AB tests on this forum and some preferred the Helix tones so YMMV.

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    edited May 2019
    I’ve got both and, controversially it seems, I’d keep the Helix if I had to jettison one.

Properly dialled in I think Helix is a match for any and all of its competitors.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom