Back from holiday a week early.....

What's Hot
zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
Because I fell down the stairs in my accommodation and banged myself up pretty badly, got the usual cuts and bruises all over but have done something to my coccyx as it's truly really painful and I also snapped my big toe in two! Falling down solid wood stairs and hitting a stone floor is not recommended, and there was me scared of flying!
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Oh shit, hopefully your recovery is quick and as pain free as possible man. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12326
    Ouch, did your medical insurance pay for it all?

Have mutilated toes before, big toe is really painful.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    zepp76 said:
    Because I fell down the stairs in my accommodation and banged myself up pretty badly, got the usual cuts and bruises all over but have done something to my coccyx as it's truly really painful and I also snapped my big toe in two! Falling down solid wood stairs and hitting a stone floor is not recommended, and there was me scared of flying!
    A couple of months ago I fell off a tall stepladder, landed on the top of a flight of stairs, the ladder followed and wacked me then I tumbled all the way down. VERY ouchy so I know just how you must be feeling. What rotten luck when you are on holiday. I hope you mend fairly quickly mate.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    speshul91 said:
    Oh shit, hopefully your recovery is quick and as pain free as possible man. 
    Thanks mate, I'm in a lot of pain but luckily I take morphine as a pain killer any way so was lucky I had some with me, I don't know what I would have done without it!

munckee said:
    Ouch, did your medical insurance pay for it all?

Have mutilated toes before, big toe is really painful.
    Luckily the little local hospital that was nearby strapped me up and refused to charge me, they are wonderful people out where I was. They told me I was not to walk and that I would have to sight see by car but I didn't heed their advice as I didn't want to ruin my holiday (I haven't been on holiday in over ten years) but it just got too much so flew home today and am being taken to hospital tomorrow. I cannot stress enough just how helpful and kind the people of Tuscany are they made what was a very painful time a pleasure, I will be going out there again for sure, what a wonderful place!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Just a little piccy taken with my phone of the view from our coffee table.

https://i.imgur.com/16TPJFz.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    zepp76 said:
    Just a little piccy taken with my phone of the view from our coffee table.

https://i.imgur.com/16TPJFz.jpg
    sympathy waning.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12326
    That's no part of Southampton I've ever been to!   : )
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7104
    sure you'll bounce back
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6870
    Did you enjoy your trip though?

sorry. Genuinely though, heal up fast mate. Shitty it cut the holiday short. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    The place looks gorgeous - hope that in the end the most painful thing is that you had to cut short the holiday (and also hope you get the chance to back soon)
    The place looks gorgeous - hope that in the end the most painful thing is that you had to cut short the holiday (and also hope you get the chance to back soon)
    I really didn't want to leave, to say it is beautiful is an understatement. I'm already planning my trip back some time in the future.

Here is a quick phone photo of the view from a little restaurant at the side of the road.

https://i.imgur.com/cz1MWNh.jpg

The seafood was out of this world!

https://i.imgur.com/bRjKn1W.jpg