A couple of tunes (covers) from my bands album

What's Hot
KristoKristo Frets: 130
edited May 2019 in Plug My Stuff

Comments

• KristoKristo Frets: 130
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Not my kind of music but sounds great, well produced and all good players - the guitar sounds authentic to that style of music - cool wee slide solo - do you also do mandolin? Check out my friend's band CowCowBoogie - they are Edinburgh based and similar stuff - their double bass player is really good - it's hi energy stuff especially live (where this kind of music really shines)!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for the feedback. No mandolin here, I actually play bass in this band. Will check out CowCowBoogie!
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    Very good - Really enjoyed it. Would go down a storm at a traditional real ale pub on a cold wet windy night!
    Mark1960 said:
    Very good - Really enjoyed it. Would go down a storm at a traditional real ale pub on a cold wet windy night!
    Cheers.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    When I was a teenager and first got a copy of the complete Robert Johnson, I had never heard of tamales, so I thought he was singing "hot tomatoes". Silly me.  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    Same with me and the classic Beach Boys song - I get Around. I'm not going to mention the line line cos it will probably get me banned as it's not PC these days, but I'm sure some of you  will know what i mean ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    I checked out some of the stuff on YT too - the singer is drumming too? And I see the guitarist does some lead singing - great to have all that in a band :)
  • midiman1962midiman1962 Frets: 100
    very good - really enjoyed it - the bass had a lot of "bass" which was good (if that makes any sense!)
    Vaiai said:
    I checked out some of the stuff on YT too - the singer is drumming too? And I see the guitarist does some lead singing - great to have all that in a band :)
    Yes, she sings & drums. And the guitarist sings. The violin player does some backing too now which is cool. No one wants the hear me sing though. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

very good - really enjoyed it - the bass had a lot of "bass" which was good (if that makes any sense!)
    Cheers!