Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12349
    Wow! Glad he’s ok.  :#
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4171
    @SteveF Good job we went with Royal Mail in the end, eh? ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 536
    :astonished: ouch!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72254
    I wonder if their vehicle insurance company will pay out, or if there's some exclusion in the small print which they didn't tell Parcel Farce about when they paid for it?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Driving in Reading will do that to you; suddenly you despair of life in general and head for the side rail.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4492
    Drove past that earlier this evening.  Looked nasty.  Was wondering how someone could flip something like that, then discovered it'd fallen off the flyover.  Astonishing the driver was able to climb out.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1555
    2:1 odds my parcel was on it! Let’s see if it turns up tomorrow looking a bit squashed. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12295
    2:1 odds my parcel was on it! Let’s see if it turns up tomorrow looking a bit squashed. 
    Nah, a copper will be sat playing it in his front room by now...
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4161
    'A Parcelforce lorry landed near the roundabout'. There's a sentence you don't read every day!

Glad (and amazed) that the driver is ok though
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

'A Parcelforce lorry landed near the roundabout'. There's a sentence you don't read every day!

Glad (and amazed) that the driver is ok though
    Very lucky it went fully upside down, by the look of it. If it had landed on the cab it would probably have been a different outcome.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    Thought you were gonner say cos one turned up on your doorstep!

So gets me thinking... if a bit of gear was wrongly delivered to your door and left unsigned, would you deny all knowledge and keep it??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Having lived in that area and commuted that route daily for several years; you'd have to be the very, very top grade of shit driver to be able to get off the side of that bridge.
    According to the witness in a car on the flyover, it was on the opposite carriageway and crossed right over before going through the barrier.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12349
    ICBM said:
    Having lived in that area and commuted that route daily for several years; you'd have to be the very, very top grade of shit driver to be able to get off the side of that bridge.
    According to the witness in a car on the flyover, it was on the opposite carriageway and crossed right over before going through the barrier.
    Driver fell asleep or got distracted maybe? That’s a serious amount of shit going on!!  :o
    boogieman said:
    ICBM said:
    Driver fell asleep or got distracted maybe? That’s a serious amount of shit going on!!  :o
    Possibly.  Just before that point, there's a slip road.  It's one of those where people change their mind at the last minute and change lanes to continue straight.  If you make something that size swerve suddenly, it could easily cross the central reservation (there's no barrier at that section) and lose control.

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    boogieman said:
    ICBM said:
    Possibly.  Just before that point, there's a slip road.  It's one of those where people change their mind at the last minute and change lanes to continue straight.  If you make something that size swerve suddenly, it could easily cross the central reservation (there's no barrier at that section) and lose control.
    Isn't that part of the flyover a one-way section? I don't think there is a central reservation. Also, it seems to have happened dead-centre, well after the slip-road.
    Looking at where it landed and the gap in the railing, it must have gone through at nearly a right angle to the road, and it does look like it would have originally been travelling from left to right in the pic.

If I'm understanding the description from the driver of the following car correctly, it was going north-east-ish on the A329 (as ICBM says, left to right in the pic), it's crossed the central reservation, over two lanes, gone through the south side of the fence and landed with its rear pointing roughly at Evans Cycles.  If you look at StreetView at that point, you can see that the central reservation is only about the height of a kerb.  If you lose control, there's not much to stop you.

• GassageGassage Frets: 30882
    He's Eastbound....and Down.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.