Almost lost my Wife this week......

What's Hot

Comments

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5844
    Blimey! What a terrible thing to happen, hoping the best for you and your Wife's recovery.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5143
    edited May 2019
    They definitely couldn’t cope with the aftermath of something going wrong....the smaller private hospital were pretty useless  1-1000 chance of this happening apparently.
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1174
    All the very best to the both of you.  I have total admiration for our NHS, have always delivered.
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2932
    My ex father in law was a senior Obs consultant and did this sort of thing on a daily basis, then come home for his dinner and not say a word about it.

These guys deserve all the recognition in the world.

If you know who sorted her out, in my experience he would be really pleased if you sent him a nice bottle of something. 

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, she's in the right place.

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited May 2019
    tone1 said:
    It was done by the NHS just not in the main NHS Hospital...The internal bleeding was caused by removal of a larger than expected fibroid which damaged the lining... thankfully not by being butchered....
    Thanks for clearing that up. I went through a similar process, with a NHS consultant performing a procedure under general anaesthetic. Although it was like staying in a hotel, it did cross my mind that the options would be very limited if something went wrong. In my case it was done in a private facility to help allieviate a NHS backlog.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5143
    Just left after visiting today... She’s been up on her feet today for a few steps....Black and blue all over really, horrible to see her in such a state...She hasn’t eaten much yet but it’s early days I guess....
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    my experience with mrs f and her times under the knife is that the 1st day post surgery is awful, but the recovery is surprisingly speedy after that. Last time they put quite a bit of effort getting the anti nausea medication right, she was eating well after a couple of days.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited May 2019
    Wishing her a speedy recovery matey  
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3320
    Very scary stuff. Hope she makes a full recovery. It’s not nice is it, I remember mrs bob being whisked off to theatre during child birth and thinking the worst. 

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6123
    tFB Trader
    well im glad this thread has the word almost in it. all my best wishes to you and your wife, i hope she makes a speedy recovery.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 227
    So glad to hear that your wife is ok and slowly on the mend. It must have been a terrifying ordeal for you. Hope you feel better soon too. 
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Just read the post, I'm so sorry mate. Glad that she's on the mend and I'm sure it'll all go well from there. What a terrible experience for you both - glad she's in good hands. Hang on there!
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7282
    Jesus that sounds scary, glad to hear everything is working out and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884
    I've been in similar circumstances, get well soon
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12886
    Really scary. Can't begin to imagine what that must be like.

Best wishes to you and yours. 
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    Best wishes to you both. Keep your chin up and give her all the support and love you can. Here’s to another 30 years 
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    Wow sorry to hear, hope the recovery goes well.

The NHS is fantastic when you REALLY need it, envy of the world and rightly so
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RickydRickyd Frets: 149
    Dire news but it sounds like she's on the road to recovery so good wishes to you both.  Like @rivercider I've just finished the same book, probably best you don't read it too soon, but it shows the dedication and sheer bloody hard work some of these people put in. 
  • LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
    Scary news indeed, best wishes to your wife for a speedy and full recovery. 

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    Genuinely sorry to hear this , I couldn't imagine the gutpunch of having to be in your situation , she's in the best hands , regardless if the rubbish you hear about the NHS they are very good at saving lives !