SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Thobak PAF Humbucker set DT102

skippy76skippy76 Frets: 615
Hi all,

These came installed in a Les Paul I bought recently, great sounding PAF tones. Selling as I already had a set of Wizz PAFs put aside for this guitar.

All the details are captured in the first picture. Double white bobbins. £350 ppg to your door with a set of lightly aged nickel OX4 covers.

These retail at £460

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/33997398038_8cebecc50a_k.jpg

This set is a direct clone of a personal pair of vintage P.A.F.'s. Magnets, coil offsets, winding pattern and even magnet wire micrometer measurements were taken from each pickup and to be recreated exclusively for the DT-102 ThroBak MXV Patent Applied For humbucker. These pickups are particularly rich in double tones imparted by the ThroBak vintage Leesona 102 coil winder that winds each coil. Closely matched neck and bridge pickups give a particularly sweet middle switch position tone. A2 neck and unoriented A5 bridge magnets add to the versatility of these pickups. The sweet cleans and biting bridge lead tones offer a wide tonal palette from which to choose. Specifications include correct vintage reproduction plain enamel magnet wire, Michigan hard maple wood spacer, vintage correct two conductor wire and threaded baseplate.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1410
    These are truly great PAF replicas. Some of the best I’ve played.
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 615
    Cheers Ben, they are on the pricey side! but are some of the best PAFs on the market.
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 615
    Sold thanks