Mesa Filmore 100

What's Hot
ChesterChester Frets: 52
https://www.mesaboogie.com/amplifiers/electric/fillmore-series/fillmore-100/index.html

Looks like they've gone for the full house. This one looks very interesting, covering 3 power levels. Sounds a lot more open and less bassy than the LSC's I've owned in the past. Doubtless be expensive when they hit the UK ... as ever

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24189
    Going to be north of £3000 easy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    nice...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    I really like the look of the 25 as a Blackface-ish thing with master vol anda bit more gain. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72244
    Reminds me of the Heartbreaker AKA Backbreaker... although they do say it isn't as heavy as you would expect for a 100W amp.

"truly huge Tone, not necessarily with loud volume or unmanageable weight, is all about. More dynamic nuance, more exciting snap in the PERFECT frequencies, a gorgeous attack envelope, increased dimensional width/girth and headroom and better tracking of low frequencies"

That's a perfect description of why I like big amps, but unless they stop ripping off UK buyers (and Australian, and probably most others outside North America) then I'm not remotely interested in one of these.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 177
    yeah. I actually used a '94 twin for years that I got at very modest cost and loved them. Never got on with Mesa's despite several attempts but this one attracts me. As @ICBM says though - pricey to say the least
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    The California Tweed sounds amazing, but £2.5k is a heck of a lot considering what you can buy for two thirds of that price. 

Still getting to know my Mesa Boogie DR Maverick but I'm so impressed by it I'm now a Mesa covert. 
  • ChesterChester Frets: 52
    ICBM said:

That's a perfect description of why I like big amps, but unless they stop ripping off UK buyers (and Australian, and probably most others outside North America) then I'm not remotely interested in one of these.
    My thoughts exactly. I've been ranting about the "double margin" rip-off on higher value, branded imports for years. Won't change until sales suffer enough to break the exclusive importer stranglehold, and we start to buy direct from the builder. Carol Ann and Redplate are now direct import options at more sensible prices for example
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    I played a 50 today and really liked it. I'll bet the 100 is really good. At least for the prices you pay in the US...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires