TC Electronic Spark Booster €44

What's Hot
JotaJota Frets: 464
edited May 2019 in FX
About a month or two ago I noticed Musicstore selling these for €44 and Thomann still had them at €78 (IRC). Now even Thomann has them at €44!
Great pedal that I'm happy I sold for €90 while I could (had no use for it at the time)!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MarihinoMarihino Frets: 0
    Great for bass too. Justin Mehldal-Johnsen was once looking for a "tube amp breakup but otherwise super transparent" pedal and after a long search came to a conclusion this is the best. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited June 2019
    Guitar Guitar were doing them (full size one) for £39 last week as part of their 15th Anniversary - the offer might still be there
  • gatheredinsonggatheredinsong Frets: 652
    edited June 2019
    Kebabkid said:
    Guitar Guitar was doing them for £39 last week if if
    Still appear to be, bargain! 
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1387
    I have the mini one which I'm sure cost me more than €40! Lovely little pedal too.
    edited June 2019
    Dupe post
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Marihino said:
    Great for bass too. Justin Mehldal-Johnsen was once looking for a "tube amp breakup but otherwise super transparent" pedal and after a long search came to a conclusion this is the best. 
    That’s the most ridiculous description of a pedal I think I’ve ever heard!  :s
    How very rock and roll
  • I'm actually very tempted to grab one of these and replace my MXR Micro Amp, coz I like the bass+treble controls it gives you. What do the different modes do??

Bye!

• JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 907
    Kebabkid said:
    Guitar Guitar was doing them for £39 last week if if
    Still appear to be, bargain! 
    Just bought myself one, thanks for the heads up!
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    GG were saying that these were selling well at that price but what surprised them was how well they work on an acoustic.
  • MarihinoMarihino Frets: 0
    Marihino said:
    I don't know. Had a tube amp that sounded the same whether I played my jazz with fresh rounds or a p with old flats through it. It was like the instrument was just a steering interface to play the amp's tone. Having been familiar with Justin's playing and records he's produced, I trusted his description and got exactly that - the sound of my bass but with slight crunch added, very reactive to playing dynamics. 
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Marihino said:
    Marihino said:
    I don't know. Had a tube amp that sounded the same whether I played my jazz with fresh rounds or a p with old flats through it. It was like the instrument was just a steering interface to play the amp's tone. Having been familiar with Justin's playing and records he's produced, I trusted his description and got exactly that - the sound of my bass but with slight crunch added, very reactive to playing dynamics. 
    Great!
    How very rock and roll
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2193
    Bargain @ £39. Guitar-guitar still have a bunch of 'em.
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • I bought a used one about a year ago for £50 or so and I thought it was a bargain at that price.

I think a lot of the TC stuff has plummeted in price recently for no real reason. The Dark Matter can be had for pittance too and is a great mid to high distortion that's great for rock rhythm tones. Got mine new for £40 and would be happy to spend twice as much.

Neither the spark nor the dark matter will be coming off my board any time soon.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    edited June 2019
    TC mojo mojo also seems ridiculously cheap these days. A few years back it was over £100. Now it's under £40.  Obviously not complaining but what's going on? 
  • NelsonP said:
    TC mojo mojo also seems ridiculously cheap these days. A few years back it was over £100. Now it's under £40.  Obviously not complaining but what's going on? 
    Behringer is going on
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    These are really great pedals and so versatile. I've used one as a transparent just-breaking sound on a clean amp (middle position), to fatten up a wimpy middle bridge pickup (fat position) to a lead boost (mids). There's a huge amount of volume on tap (up to 20dB I recall). There isn't a huge amount of gain but that's not really what they're for.

The only problem for me is the shitty TC switch which has given up on me a couple of times. I've rescued it with switch cleaner and WD40, but essentially it's not economic to repair the switch. Mind you, at £40, it'd be worth it just to junk it and get a new one.
  • valeparkvalepark Frets: 1
    Only 38 quid from Andertons. Very clean boost and very powerful in the amp fx loop so it has lots of headroom to play with. Fantastic little pedal. 

Any other TC stuff people recommend?

• JotaJota Frets: 464
    NelsonP said:
    Behringer is going on
    I think the first drop in price for the Mojomojo and Dark Matter is previous to the Behringer thing.