Terminator Dark Fate trailer!

What's Hot
wibblewibble Frets: 1097

looks epic after some of the disappointing entries in the franchise!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    The trailer looks very good, but then again any old shit can be made to look good in a trailer. 

I have high hopes for it. The first two were awesome, the third one awful, the fourth not too bad, and the fifth one the worst of the lot. 

much like the Alien franchise, they should have stopped at two, but greed takes over. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24265
    The trailer looks very good, but then again any old shit can be made to look good in a trailer. 

I have high hopes for it. The first two were awesome, the third one awful, the fourth not too bad, and the fifth one the worst of the lot. 

much like the Alien franchise, they should have stopped at two, but greed takes over. 
    Yup.

Alien and Alien3 Directors Cut were far better than the others.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494

Yup.

Alien and Alien3 Directors Cut were far better than the others.
    I like AlienS. The James Cameron one isn't up to the first film for it's contained fright but JC does create an incredible world for the creatures themselves. IMO, it kind of gets overlooked for it's artistic value maybe as it doesn't have the same intent as the first film but it does get a few things very well. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    I expect this to be the 3rd best in the series, but much closer to the shit ones than the first two. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    I thought the special effects looked better in T2 than in this. Not entirely convinced so far.

Think I'll give it a watch though as I absolutely adore the first two - not so much the rest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 235
    I really hope this lives up to expectations. 
    Too much crap about.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    I have to admit I thought it looked a bit rubbish.

The problem is, the franchise was really, really played out after the first two films.  Even more so than the Alien one, where a whole world of alien planets, sublight travel and sleep pods, and crooked corporate tossers was there to be explored.

I'll reserve judgement though, all it needs to do is entertain for two hours.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335

T1 brilliant
    T2, pretty good but also committed the sin of spoiling the first one
    T3 garbage
    T salvation - couldn't be bothered
    T Genisys - massive spoiler in the trailer so I boycotted it
    T DF - nah, lost interest in this tired old dead horse flogging.  
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2398
    As a huge Terminator 1 and 2 fan, I think it looks bloody awful.

Great that Linda Hamilton and James Cameron are on board, but the new 'baddie' terminator seems meh, and the 'goodie' terminator also seems very meh.

It lost it's edge when they started trying to push the envelope with the complexity of the terminators. The T-800 was pretty damn scary; all of the models afterwards don't have anywhere near the same impact.

I'm assuming Arnie has a much bigger role, and they don't want to spoil it in the trailer. I hope so, anyway.

Also - yay for female empowerment etc. etc.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26573
    I'm intrigued by the "I am human" bit - I really hope that they're going down the road where humans have decided that the only way to combat the machines is to become more machine-like, at the same time as the machines are trying to make their terminators more human-like.

That's a concept that's got legs, if they handle it well.
    <space for hire>
    FarleyUK said:

I did think that was a poor choice to start with, but now that I think about it...think like a machine for a moment. It's almost baked into human society to consider women as less of a physical threat, so making female terminators gives them a bit of an advantage, at least in the initial stages.
    <space for hire>
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
    FarleyUK said:

I did think that was a poor choice to start with, but now that I think about it...think like a machine for a moment. It's almost baked into human society to consider women as less of a physical threat, so making female terminators gives them a bit of an advantage, at least in the initial stages.

Female Terminators also have that design flaw where they can't kill for a few days each month because they're all weepy in bed with a hot water bottle pressed close to them. 

Actually though this could lead to a new design. Imagine how terrifying a roller skating Tampax Terminator would be. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3zrk4Krj9U

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Given that this is a direct sequel to T2, I’m unsure as to why they haven’t marked its return with the original score. A wishy-washy remix of a Bjork song doesn’t mean anything. 

Nevertheless, T1 and 2 are very dear to me; I hope this instalment doesn’t end in disappointment. With Cameron on board, I have high hopes it won’t.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    edited May 2019
    beed84 said:
    Given that this is a direct sequel to T2, I’m unsure as to why they haven’t marked its return with the original score. A wishy-washy remix of a Bjork song doesn’t mean anything. 

Nevertheless, T1 and 2 are very dear to me; I hope this instalment doesn’t end in disappointment. With Cameron on board, I have high hopes it won’t.
    I love the early Terminator films too and I like the idea of this one. The trailer looks half decent too. It’s got Cameron involved, even Arnie gets a cameo. Most importantly it doesn’t involve Sam Worthington.

I’m desperately hoping it won’t be a POS but I’m not holding my breath. Part of the problem is there’s no shock value left anymore: we already know about terminators/SkyNet/Sarah Connor. 
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    Mackenzie Davis always looks like she needs a steak dinner or four. 
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 993
    Not sure about this. Looks pretty low budget, the special effects do look a bit poor to me. Is Arnie playing a civilian?
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Linda - tick
    Aviator sunnies - tick

Will be checking it out
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • LongtallronnieLongtallronnie Frets: 1200
    Terminator gets sent back in time to kill person. 
    Nice terminator gets sent back to protect person. Guns and ‘plosions ensue  

Thats pretty much what I got from the trailer so I won’t be rushing to the cinema. 
  • LongtallronnieLongtallronnie Frets: 1200

I'm intrigued by the "I am human" bit - I really hope that they're going down the road where humans have decided that the only way to combat the machines is to become more machine-like, at the same time as the machines are trying to make their terminators more human-like.

That would be cool in a Bladerunnery type way but I can’t see JC making that type of film unfortunately. 
    edited May 2019

That would be cool in a Bladerunnery type way but I can’t see JC making that type of film unfortunately. 
    Well, the whole thing seems to be about hybrid humans/machines, from reading the Wikipedia page. The bad terminator is a T800-style machine with a T1000-style liquid metal component which can actually operate independently of each other. The small human marked for termination is a hybrid, as is the one sent back to protect her.

EDIT: Scrap that, the woman targeted by the terminator isn't a hybrid. Not sure where I got that from.
    <space for hire>