Extension cabinet for Blackstar Artist 15 Blonde

markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
I'm buggered if I can find one, and Blackstar haven't responded to my question yet, but does anyone know if they ever made an extension cab (1x12) in Blonde for the Artist 15? I can't see that there is one so guessing I may have to go down the Zilla route and get one made. It's currently sat on top of an Orange PPC112 which is slightly smaller so looks a bit daft. Oh, and it's orange.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1630

Hmm, I doubt there will be a blonde 1x12 until and unless there is an Artist 15 blonde head?

Now, when the ArtiSAN combos came out there was quite a clamour for a head version (especially I think for the A30 which seems Araldited to the floor!) so then cabs followed.

The head versions of the HT range were also after the combos. Whether that was due to "pester power" I have no idea but I suspect so.

Mind you, Blackstar have a pretty big range of products now and you "can't please......" or you go broke!

Dave.

• markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    I suspected as much. There is no head version at present (and I doubt there will be...not many people seem to be using the Artist even though IMHO it's a bloody cracking amp). Ah well, I'll have to save some pennies and get a matching cab made for it
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Hi Mark,

No there isn't an extension cab for it.

There is also something to consider when using it with another cab - the outlets on the back are 1 x 16ohm, 1 x 8ohm or 2 x 16 ohm. The factory fit is an 8ohm speaker so unless you change that, you can't run an extension cab without risk of damaging the output transformer.

Yes, I know... annoying.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

I thought it was 16ohm? Taken from the manual...

I've been using it with the 16ohm PPC112...is it going to explode next time I try it?!

Speaker Outputs The output marked ‘1x16 Ohm’ is for the connection of a single 16 Ohm extension speaker cabinet (or the internal loudspeaker of the Artist 15 combo). The outputs marked ‘1x8 Ohm or 2x16 Ohm’ are for the connection of either a single 8 Ohm extension cabinet or two 16 Ohm cabinets. Also, the internal loudspeaker of the Artist 15 combo can be plugged in here if it is used with a 16 Ohm extension cabinet. See table below.

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Oops... that'll teach me for doing this from memory... getting old and all that...

As you were, it is a 16ohm. 

Sorry!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

Phew! Panic over!