Wah pedal ?

What's Hot
capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
I like the occasional sound of a wah and use a Mad Snow White for this purpose but something tells me I need a wah pedal in my life. Fulltone Clyde deluxe Mission Rewah Pro Buddy Guy Crybaby What are we saying on wah at the moment?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17603
    tFB Trader
    CAE
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    That looks like a quality piece of kit thanks will check out some demos and reviews
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616

I'm saying 'Morley Mark Tremonti Power Wah' - £150 new / £70 - 90 used.

Bloody amazing piece of USA Made kit. Built in adjustable boost, auto off switch so the spring loaded treddle simply activates it and controls the wah effect when you step on it and switched itself off in roughly half a second after you let your foot off it, really great sweep and so easy to control.

Not the cheapest but the best I've ever used.

Second place goes to my old wah pedal - the Ibanez Weeping Demon (Was £95 new when you could get one). Spring loaded auto OR manual side switch with traditional free action treddle, adjustable everything including 'Q' sweep - discontinued now but the Weeping demon junior is still available at GAK for a very reasonable £70. It's smaller than the original and only has the auto spring loaded function but still highly useable and a great sound.

Auto wah isn't for everyone but it does reduce the concentration needed to operate it, leaving more room and time for playing.

If you're lucky enough to find the original 'Weeping Demon' still in stock somewhere, rip their arm off.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Black Cat Pedals Mona Wah ?
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

My favourite is the Weeping demon. Best Wah Ever (IMO), and so many variables, and pots to adjust to sonic perfection*. Down side is it is fucking enormous, roughly the same board area as 3 1/2 Boss pedals.

*YMMV etc, but for a heavy rock/metal wah it's the best.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    BYOC kit? Mega tweakable
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    I have some Vox shells I may be letting go shortly if you need a pedal to build a self-build into?
    I can just about wire a plug and change strings.......
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421

i have this

The MC404 CAE Wah was developed by Bob Bradshaw of Custom Audio Electronics and the Cry Baby design team with the goal of creating a highly versatile wah-wah of top-grade components. It features dual Fasel inductors with two distinct voices (high-end emphasis or low to mid resonance), and a built-in MXR MC401 Boost/LineDriver adds even more flexibility. Choose between inductors and turn the boost on or off with the side-mounted kickswitches; bright LEDs on each side of the wah indicate operation status. The MC404 boasts true hardwire bypass, a long-life CTS potentiometer, and internal pots for "Q" and gain adjustments.

superb kit - look round for a second user as new theyre not cheap ... but it should feature on your check out list

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    CAE
    this...i regret selling mine... :-<
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    JMP220478 said:

i have this

The MC404 CAE Wah was developed by Bob Bradshaw of Custom Audio Electronics and the Cry Baby design team with the goal of creating a highly versatile wah-wah of top-grade components. It features dual Fasel inductors with two distinct voices (high-end emphasis or low to mid resonance), and a built-in MXR MC401 Boost/LineDriver adds even more flexibility. Choose between inductors and turn the boost on or off with the side-mounted kickswitches; bright LEDs on each side of the wah indicate operation status. The MC404 boasts true hardwire bypass, a long-life CTS potentiometer, and internal pots for "Q" and gain adjustments.

superb kit - look round for a second user as new theyre not cheap ... but it should feature on your check out list

+1, went through a 2 year search to find 'The Wah' and this is the one that stayed. That said, if you coud build this into the Morley Tremonti packaging with the switchless on off, that truly would be 'The Wah To Rule Them All' for me
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    edited May 2014
    +1 for the CAE, I love the dual fasel option :-)
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    mike_l said:

My favourite is the Weeping demon. Best Wah Ever (IMO), and so many variables, and pots to adjust to sonic perfection*. Down side is it is fucking enormous, roughly the same board area as 3 1/2 Boss pedals.

*YMMV etc, but for a heavy rock/metal wah it's the best.

+1 for the weeping demon. It is a pedal board hog though. Mine has been replaced for a AMT Japanese girl wah but I have still kept the weeping demon. It is better sound than the AMT
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 261
    Alnico said:

I'm saying 'Morley Mark Tremonti Power Wah' - £150 new / £70 - 90 used.

Bloody amazing piece of USA Made kit. Built in adjustable boost, auto off switch so the spring loaded treddle simply activates it and controls the wah effect when you step on it and switched itself off in roughly half a second after you let your foot off it, really great sweep and so easy to control.

Not the cheapest but the best I've ever used.

+1 for the Morley Tremonti (although it does take up a fair bit of space). Borrowed the singer in the band's Zakk Wylde CryBaby for one of our gigs, it had nowhere near the range of the Morley.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Another vote for the CAE, great pedal.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    +1 for the weeping demon too. I've got the junior version, and hands-down it's the most expressive wah I've ever used.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    Ok CAE is in on the list to try it certainly looks the business thanks for all the input
  • 1nten5e1nten5e Frets: 245
    Wilson Tenspot II

• smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664
    CAE defo!
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Just wanted to thank you fellas for the recommendation. Got a weeping demon recently for 45usd. Much better compared to the "adjustable" 535Q imo.