Star Trek: Picard - Teaser Trailer

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2608
in Off Topic tFB Trader
Hmmm.. well it doesn't show much.. But I do love Patrick Stuart so am hoping for the best

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    I'm guessing Picard was closely involved in attempts to save as many people from Romulus as possible, but just as Spock mentions in the 2009 movie, it seems the destruction occurred quicker than expected.

Is the setup Picard failed to save enough Romulans, and left the fleet as a result?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2608
    tFB Trader
    I'm guessing Picard was closely involved in attempts to save as many people from Romulus as possible, but just as Spock mentions in the 2009 movie, it seems the destruction occurred quicker than expected.

Is the setup Picard failed to save enough Romulans, and left the fleet as a result?
    I think its all just theory at the moment.. But yes that seems to be what people are speculating at that moment.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26565
    Not watched all those videos, but...I love the fact that they made an effort to recreate the vineyard from All Good Things. Nice call back to TNG, there.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24287
    edited May 2019
    I love the character he plays, but was very disappointed when I saw him being interviewed for the first time.  He's got a very high opinion of himself and an ego the size of the Briar Patch.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    I loved the next gen very much at the time, but to me this is just flogging a dead horse, like the films were. Things have their time then we move on, that's my opinion.
    tFB Trader
    Ohhhh…..  Very teasery….  Some old faces (in both senses of the meaning :)) ..  I will now have to watch it..

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The cast list includes two very interesting snippets. First is that Brent Spiner is playing Data, not B-4. Second is...Hugh is in it (remember him from I, Borg and Descent?).

There's obviously going to be a heavy Borg focus, which makes sense. This is basically fan service in the very best sense of the phrase.

I hope.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2019 tFB Trader
    The cast list includes two very interesting snippets. First is that Brent Spiner is playing Data, not B-4. Second is...Hugh is in it (remember him from I, Borg and Descent?).

There's obviously going to be a heavy Borg focus, which makes sense. This is basically fan service in the very best sense of the phrase.

I hope.
    I am guessing maybe a Borg origin story?  Even though its set in the future.  If you see what I mean.

Actually yes I remember Hugh...  Maybe a good Borg collective? Could be interesting.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24287
    I dunno.....   I love Picard, but.....  he looks just like a frail old man in that clip.  The decisive, bold, commanding persona seems gone. :confused: 
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    As someone who grew up on TNG, I'm ridiculously looking forward to this :)
    Also...

Seven of Nine!
    Captain Picard Day!
    Data!
    The Borg!

They somehow fit Pat and Brent's egos in the same room (presume they filmed that at Cardington)

Hooray!!!! :scream: 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26955
    This, if done right, should be basically the best thing ever. 

I'd like to think that Stewart would only have agreed to it if it's being done right. I have very very high hopes. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26955
    Ive had these guys since I was 9 years old...

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Rabs said:

I hope.
    I am guessing maybe a Borg origin story?  Even though its set in the future.  If you see what I mean.

Actually yes I remember Hugh...  Maybe a good Borg collective? Could be interesting.
    I thought the Borg's origin (and end) was with the Caeliar? That might not be canon, mind - particularly since, in that story, they end in the 24th century and Picard starts in 2399.
    <space for hire>
  • theimageofalltheimageofall Frets: 123
    edited July 2019
    TNG was something I look back fondly on, so I’m hoping that they can get this right....!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Anything with Jeri Ryan is cool by me ! ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Rabs said:

I hope.

I thought the Borg's origin (and end) was with the Caeliar? That might not be canon, mind - particularly since, in that story, they end in the 24th century and Picard starts in 2399.
    As good as it was, I doubt the new show treats the Destiny novel series as "canon".

SPOILERS IF ANYONE WANTS TO READ DESTINY...

Especially as the Borg leave the universe permanently at the end, and they lose 40% of Starfleet in the war and billions of lives.  Clearly a bigger deal for the Federation than the fall of Romulus in canon.

It's actually possible this story replaces Destiny in showing the end of the Borg, with Janeway's destruction of the Transwarp hubs delaying their plans against the Feds until the show starts, rather than the shorter time period in the novels.

Be fun if you see an Enterprise in the show (F?) commanded by Riker!
    tFB Trader
    I have been watching Star Trek all my life.. I used to watch it when it was on BBC2 at 6 in the evening with my mum... I have seen all of them, I kind of have to watch it.. Especially as Jeri Ryan is in it …  How are they going to explain Data getting fat? :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Rabs said:
    I have been watching Star Trek all my life.. I used to watch it when it was on BBC2 at 6 in the evening with my mum... I have seen all of them, I kind of have to watch it.. Especially as Jeri Ryan is in it …  How are they going to explain Data getting fat? :D
    You can't miss the very heavy "Brent is getting rather old" makeup!

Still, TNG was so good....

^^

I first saw "Yesterday's Enterprise" when I was ten, hit me like a tonne of bricks at the time.