Comments

• spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    Excellent detailed review - thanks

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3971
    edited May 2019
    Give him a minute, he's still working out how to dial it in.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Excellent detailed review - thanks
    Anytime.  

This is is my second Mark IV and my first head.  The delights of the clean and lead channels are wel-publicised, but I’m staggered that I’ve managed to make RHY2 sound great. Lots of presence and boosting with a RYRA Klone.

I can confidently say that this amp is the biggest bargain one can get for high gain/Swiss army knife type amps.  I’m staggered that they aren’t yet selling for more - yes they’re tricky to dial in if you don’t understand the way the gain stages work, but once you do it’s a breeze. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    I love the Mark IV mode on my Mark V 35, not sure how they compare but in general I really like Mesa Boogie's.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    spirit7 said:

This is is my second Mark IV and my first head.  The delights of the clean and lead channels are wel-publicised, but I’m staggered that I’ve managed to make RHY2 sound great.
    I've hated R2 on every MkIV I've ever played - but they were all combos. I wonder if going through a closed-back 2x12" is the difference?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3044
    Haven't quite got the hang of R2 yet. Great crunchy rhythm tones but seems lacking greatly for lead tones. 

R1 is one of the nicest clean channels I've ever come across though.
    Stevepage said:
    Haven't quite got the hang of R2 yet. Great crunchy rhythm tones but seems lacking greatly for lead tones. 

R1 is one of the nicest clean channels I've ever come across though.
    Treble up high, bass and mids 3-4 max, presence high, boosted with a Klone or Cali76 = heaven.
    ICBM said:
    spirit7 said:

This is is my second Mark IV and my first head.  The delights of the clean and lead channels are wel-publicised, but I’m staggered that I’ve managed to make RHY2 sound great.
    I've hated R2 on every MkIV I've ever played - but they were all combos. I wonder if going through a closed-back 2x12" is the difference?
    It may well be.  I had the combo a few years ago and hated R2 too, but it sounds epic through a bigger cab with the head!