SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: MJW Goldstar Twin £350 delivered

What's Hot
CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
edited June 2019 in Amps £
I've just placed the order for my new MJW amp and I need to make some room.  My new amp is similar to this so I'm going to let it go.

It's a Goldstar Twin 10W with power scaling and an effects loop.  The channels are footswitchable.

I actually changed the tolex on this myself so the corner seams aren't perfect.  I have some gold corner protectors that I would be happy to include in the sale or install for the buyer.

Looking for £350 inc delivery but open to offers on this as I do need some cash to pay for the new amp.  I would consider an MJW Cub or Helix HX stomp as a trade.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    Are the channels foot switchable?

courier an option?
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Yes, the channels are footswitchable. I don’t have a footswitch for the amp but I’m sure MJW could organise one for you (although I think most generic one button footswitches would work).

Yes, I can deliver.  PM me your address and ill
    look in to shipping.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    ah got confused over the model.    its a 10watt amp. thats not going to cut it live for me I'm afraid.

GLWTS tho and have a free bump!

Still available
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    What's the preamp flavour in this Chris? Fendery, marshall, voxy? 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11891
    what are all the valves?
    Closest to Marshall from the ones you mention, but personally I think that the overdrive channel has a Soldano vibe.  It's quite close in sound to the Astroverb I had, which I think is based on the normal channel of the SLO.

Here is the detail from Martin's website:

"The clean channel is based on the classic 'Blackface' circuit, so it has the chime and clean headroom that those amps are famous for, but will still crunch up at the top end for snarling country and blues.

The overdrive channel has 4 gain stages, and takes over where the clean left off, going through a classic 70s crunch, all the way up to a full-bodied rock roar with plenty of sustain and harmonics."

It’s one 6L6 and three 12ax7.
  • Hi, how does the dirty channel respond to picking dynamics and rolling the guitar volume back? Can you clean up the dirty channel (I know it has a clean channel!)?
    I’ve normally had single channel amps so always get my clean from rolling off the volume.

All the MJW amps I’ve had worked well doing this, although I don’t dial in a pristine clean sound ever.

Likewise they have all had nice dynamics and this one is no exception. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom