Guitar induced insomnia!

What's Hot
BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
3 hours kip last night/this morning....

A couple of weeks ago I was listening to Blackbird by the Beatles and thought I'd have a go at playing it and finally this weekend got stuck into it and have pretty much got it down.
Do you think I could get that damn song out of my head when the lights went out last night, I even got up at 2 and watched some music on YouTube to try and flush it out but it still hung in there, damn their catchy tunes! =)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    been there.

rule nowadays is put guitar down at 10pm.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Yeah. Started playing guitar the other night, came up with a song idea. Started recording and suddenly it was 4.30 am.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6870
    I find If I'm already a bit tired, just playing sends me to sleep. Not learning or real practise though, just a lil jammin. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    I learned to play it when my 4yo was into Boss Baby (the mum and dad play it to the little boy every night for those who are unacquainted). It took me several nights to learn as it was trickier than I expected and I was trying to learn it secretly after she went to bed. By the end of the week I'd mastered it, so after we'd had stories that night I asked if she'd like me to play her a song. 'Yes', she said immediately. Five bars in she said 'I don't like it', so I stopped. It was on my mind that night as well.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    Clecko said:
    I learned to play it when my 4yo was into Boss Baby (the mum and dad play it to the little boy every night for those who are unacquainted). It took me several nights to learn as it was trickier than I expected and I was trying to learn it secretly after she went to bed. By the end of the week I'd mastered it, so after we'd had stories that night I asked if she'd like me to play her a song. 'Yes', she said immediately. Five bars in she said 'I don't like it', so I stopped. It was on my mind that night as well.

I have a 5 year old Boss Baby fan and that's exactly where i got the idea from....

Tim - That's my special song! My parents wrote it just for me.

Boss Baby - Your parents are Lennon and McCartney?

Tim - No, Ted and Janice! You don't even know their names!  =) =)

not really into the Beatles but I heard it playing one day and thought "Oh... its that one!" Found the right hand harder than the left, my thumb wants to do more than it should!

• NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Saw the thread title and thought you’d discovered Joe Bonamassa..
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2339
    tFB Trader

A friend of mine is a sleep therapist who told me about quite a simple way to get something out of your head when you're trying to sleep. If you can't get to sleep because either a song is in your head or something going through your head over and over again. Think of a single digit number, then start saying the number to yourself not out loud, then start changing the speed you say the number from very slow then very fast then medium then in a random speed change . This should start taking up most of your mental power so anything like a song will go to the back of your head and you should start to fall asleep. The only problem with this method the human brain is very clever and after a few weeks it will learn how to multi task and the dreaded song or thoughts will come to the forefront. You can change the number but it will only last for a few nights before the dreaded song or thoughts comes back again. It's recommended to only use this when really necessary, if you use it  consecutively night after night it will stop working quite quickly.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    GSPBASSES said:

A friend of mine is a sleep therapist who told me about quite a simple way to get something out of your head when you're trying to sleep. If you can't get to sleep because either a song is in your head or something going through your head over and over again. Think of a single digit number, then start saying the number to yourself not out loud, then start changing the speed you say the number from very slow then very fast then medium then in a random speed change . This should start taking up most of your mental power so anything like a song will go to the back of your head and you should start to fall asleep. The only problem with this method the human brain is very clever and after a few weeks it will learn how to multi task and the dreaded song or thoughts will come to the forefront. You can change the number but it will only last for a few nights before the dreaded song or thoughts comes back again. It's recommended to only use this when really necessary, if you use it  consecutively night after night it will stop working quite quickly.

That's fascinating, i'll definitely be giving that a go next time.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    I think Lennon tried this after penning  I'm only sleeping..Which kept him awake ironically. He couldnt get it out of his head and so penned no 9 dream... no9 no 9  no 9   no  9 no 9 no 9   nope not working for me........ Good Morning Good Morning Good Morning......no9  no9  no9  no9  no 9   nope still not working i still cant get that fking Blackbird tweeting out of my head... Take those broken wings and fck off ive got work in the morning.......no9 no9 no9 no9  no9  ah fck it I'm getting up......Dragged a comb across my head.....ffs Beatles are crawling in my ears...Run for the bus yup its the no9 no 9 no 9 no 9 ...Drs orders  no9...Hang your knickers on the line no 9 no 9 no 9......Help!  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom