SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Hartung Junico hardtail

What's Hot
mondaypeanutmondaypeanut Frets: 72
edited June 2019 in Guitars £
They occasionally pop up, anyone looking to shift one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MikeCMikeC Frets: 452
    Good choice. Got mine here a year ago and it’s great
  • CastroCastro Frets: 512
    There's one on Reverb in the UK. I actually bought it for my son a few months back for £1750 but it wasn't what he wanted. Lovely guitar I would have kept for myself but I'd bought something else. I'd try an offer below what I paid.
  • bloomerbloomer Frets: 208
    Worth having a dig around in some of the german guitar shops, thats how I found my huber krautster, also there's this one in german classifieds:

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/frank-hartung-junico-schwarz-black-haeussel-germany/1093823656-74-6273
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22774
    bloomer said:
    Worth having a dig around in some of the german guitar shops, thats how I found my huber krautster, also there's this one in german classifieds:

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/frank-hartung-junico-schwarz-black-haeussel-germany/1093823656-74-6273
    How does the Hartung compare with the Huber Krautster?  They're very similar designs.
  • bloomerbloomer Frets: 208
    I haven't played the Hartung but from what I've heard they're the equal of the krautster in build quality which is saying something and arguably better value as Hartung isn't quite as well known as Huber. I went for the huber for its more classic looks.
  • Castro said:
    There's one on Reverb in the UK. I actually bought it for my son a few months back for £1750 but it wasn't what he wanted. Lovely guitar I would have kept for myself but I'd bought something else. I'd try an offer below what I paid.
    Is that the one with the bigsby?
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    I’m sure Strung Out guitars had one, and Sound affects Perrier had one too.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    The one at Sound Affects is a commission sale and has been there over a year I think.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    DanR said:
    The one at Sound Affects is a commission sale and has been there over a year I think.
    getting on 2 years
  • neonblackneonblack Frets: 100
    I owned 2 of these and played couple others, I also owned 2 Krautsters as well, I liked Junicos more. They sounded, played and felt better. Built quality is kinda the same but I think Frank puts more effort in details on these. Like the wood choice and fretboard rolled off edges for example...   
    Also, the necks on Krautsters are bigger but that doesn't mean Junicos are slim or anything, they are quite thick and lovely C shaped necks but a bit thinner than Krautsters. 
    IMHO one of the best guitars I ever had a chance to play and will definitely get another one when I have the chance. 
    I sold a TV Yellow one to Mike here, it had a perfect 59 neck profile, a bit thinner then Junicos usually come with but it was such a player, still haunts me... 
    Mike if you're reading this, I have a few nice Les Pauls, lets make a trade. :))  
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22774
    neonblack said:
    I owned 2 of these and played couple others, I also owned 2 Krautsters as well, I liked Junicos more. They sounded, played and felt better. Built quality is kinda the same but I think Frank puts more effort in details on these. Like the wood choice and fretboard rolled off edges for example...   

That's interesting, thanks.  I owned a Krautster for a while, it was a very fine guitar but it felt a bit.... I was going to write clinical, but that's not fair.... it was very clean, very neatly made but I thought it lacked a bit of that human touch, like the rolled fretboard edges you mentioned.

I did really like the big neck though, that was the best thing about it!

The other European brand which really interests me, again with fairly similar designs and ideas, is Springer.  I really like his take on LP-style style guitars.  Never had a chance to try one.
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 445
    Philly_Q said:
    Springer.  I really like his take on LP-style style guitars.  Never had a chance to try one.
    I heard they were complete dogs :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bump
  • bump
  • bump
  • bump