Pro Junior Issue

chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
I’ve recently picked up a Pro Junior III, it sounds nice at the lowish volumes I’ve played it at, but if I try to get to around 5 or 6 on the volume, it makes the most horrible howl, almost like feedback, but without any input. Any ideas what this could be? Is it valve swap time or something worse...?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72308
    Sounds like a microphonic valve. Try replacing the first preamp valve - nearest the input jack. If you don't have any spares, simply swap the two preamp valves - there's a good chance that the other one won't be as bad, and the bad one won't be as much of a problem as the phase inverter.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    ICBM said:
    Sounds like a microphonic valve. Try replacing the first preamp valve - nearest the input jack. If you don't have any spares, simply swap the two preamp valves - there's a good chance that the other one won't be as bad, and the bad one won't be as much of a problem as the phase inverter.
    Thank you very much, I will try that.