Mission VM Pro Popping/Crackling Noise

preston61preston61 Frets: 690
edited June 2019 in FX

So I've had this pedal a little while and it's just started doing this. Pedal is first in the chain and when I push the pedal to the full volume on position it makes a little popping noise. No idea where it's come from, am using an isolated power supply, but have recently changed cables. I have no issue any where else on the board with the new cables, but the noise is such that if I do volume swells then the pop goes in to the delay or reverb that I'm using.

What should I look at first to try sort it? It's in excellent condition and kept in a pedal board tour case, so it's well looked after

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    edited June 2019
    Any input on this would be appreciated
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    I found this when I owned it - it has something to do with the switches inside. Have you tried changing them? I've probably got notes of what settings I had if you need them.
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    markv said:
    I found this when I owned it - it has something to do with the switches inside. Have you tried changing them? I've probably got notes of what settings I had if you need them.
    That would be great thanks bud
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    edited June 2019
    From the VM Pro manual, the default settings for the switches should be:
    • switch 1: passive pickups - on
    • switch 2: "sparkle switch" - off
    • switch 3: low impedance output - on
    I'm pretty certain this is how I had them. However I remember that it seemed to me that the switches were wired the wrong way round - i.e. "on" was actually off, and vice versa. Or that's how it sounded to me.

Hope this helps, but if you haven't changed these settings and it's only just started doing this, then it's probably something else.