1x12 Cabinet advice needed - sell/swap my Victory 1x12 Creamback cab for something else?

PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4164
I have a Victory 1x12 cab, it's open back with a Creamback 65 (https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitar-amps/guitar-cabs/1x12-guitar-cabs/1x12-compact-cab-creamback-loaded)

I use it with a lunchbox head (Peavey Classic MH20) and there's nowt wrong with it...except when I want to use my Marshall Origin 20w head with it because it's physically not wide enough.

So I'm thinking of getting a physically wider cab that I can use with both the Peavey and the Marshall heads. As I already have an Orange 1x12 closed back with V30 I want an open back cab with a different speaker in it. Basically a wider version of the Victory cab.

Any recommendations that would work for both heads?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    edited June 2019
    How about a Mesa Widebody? Great cabs.

Or for something different, how about a Matrix NL212? Light as a feather, enormous sound.
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4164
    edited June 2019
    Needs to be a 1x12 and reasonably priced (around £300 or so).

What I was thinking of doing was if I sold the Victory cab, get a Zilla 1x12 Compact cab. Just not sure about going with a Creamback again.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    edited June 2019
    Montage do a wider 1x12" with a removable back panel. 40mm wider than the Origin going by the listed dimensions.

https://www.lean-business.co.uk/eshop/montage-112-intro-empty-1-x-12-guitar-cabinet-p-1844.html

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

ICBM said:
    Montage do a wider 1x12" with a removable back panel. 40mm wider than the Origin going by the listed dimensions.

https://www.lean-business.co.uk/eshop/montage-112-intro-empty-1-x-12-guitar-cabinet-p-1844.html
    Ooh, that's cheap and I'm liking the optional back panel.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    Philtre said:
    Needs to be a 1x12 and reasonably priced (around £300 or less).

What I was thinking of doing was if I sold the Victory cab, get a Zilla 1x12 Compact cab. Just not sure about going with a Creamback again.
    I just got a small Zilla 1x12" ported closed back cab with a  NEO speaker, sounds massive for its size and looks the business too.

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    edited June 2019
    ThorpyFX said:

I just got a small Zilla 1x12" ported closed back cab with a  NEO speaker, sounds massive for its size and looks the business too.

Nice. How does ported compare with open or closed back?
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    Philtre said:
    ThorpyFX said:

Nice. How does ported compare with open or closed back?
    tighter bass than open, less boomy than closed and.... sounds much bigger than a 2x12... to my ears.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com