Sorted (just me being stupid)! Trying to find a courier for a smallish combo

What's Hot
gibbo666gibbo666 Frets: 24
edited June 2019 in Amps
Hi, all,

I'm trying to get a Blackstar 5w combo picked up from Knutsford in Cheshire for delivery into Oxfordshire.  It's only about 16kg, with dimensions 360x570x520 cm fully-packed.  But none of my usual couriers will touch it ("too long") and the van offers are all over £100, which is a bit excessive for an amp I'm buying for £175.

Do any of you experienced traders out there know a way out of this?

Cheers!

Clive.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    I sent one last week with MyHermes, and it arrived in one piece! 
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 986
    gibbo666 said:
    Hi, all,

I'm trying to get a Blackstar 5w combo picked up from Knutsford in Cheshire for delivery into Oxfordshire.  It's only about 16kg, with dimensions 360x570x520 cm fully-packed.  But none of my usual couriers will touch it ("too long") and the van offers are all over £100, which is a bit excessive for an amp I'm buying for £175.

Do any of you experienced traders out there know a way out of this?

Cheers!

Clive.

You should be able to get a fairly cheap rate for that. A lot of van drivers make runs to London so should be easily added to their route.

• kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1156
    edited June 2019
    https://uk.interparcel.com/

I send stuff through this site with multiple couriers (Usually UPS). I've sent loads of guitars which boxed up are around 110cm long. So you shouldn't have a problem sending that amp.

• gibbo666gibbo666 Frets: 24
    Hi, all,

Sorry for wasting your time.  I read the message I was sent as being in centimetres, when it was, of course, in millimetres.  All sorted out now, and next time I'll not try to do big sums after a few pints.

Cheers!

Clive.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gibbo666 said:
    Hi, all,

Sorry for wasting your time.  I read the message I was sent as being in centimetres, when it was, of course, in millimetres.  All sorted out now, and next time I'll not try to do big sums after a few pints.

Cheers!

Clive.

When I read the original post I just assumed you meant mm. That would be one huge amp if it was in cm  =)