SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

wtb: twangy tele bridge pickup

Hi all
I'm looking for a good bridge pickup for my boutique telecaster. At the moment it has a nocaster-style one in, and its not giving me the compressed, country twang thing I  like, as its not bright enough. What you guys have?

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    What bridge does your guitar have, the vintage-style stamped steel item or a modern, machined from solid one?

Also, what control circuitry do you have?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Not actually sure how to check that as I'm blind so can't google photos of different ones to compare against. its a Ruokangas Mojo Classic if that helps?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    Yes. That helps. Product photographs illustrate a stamped steel bridge. This should contribute plenty of twang.

The Fender Nocaster treble position pickup is better suited to partially overdriven tones in the Roy Buchanan style.

Fender recreations of their Sixties style pickup should be closer to your requirements. I have one in a 2011 Tele-bration Old Growth Redwood Telecaster. I sometimes find it annoyingly bright and short of midrange. You would probably love it.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12327
    Bare knuckle country boy. Best tele bridge pickup I've heard. 
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    munckee said:
    Bare knuckle country boy. Best tele bridge pickup I've heard. 
    +1 I have one also
  • nice. I've looked around. Not too many audio clips of that one, but rave reviews on forums.