Lean Business Audio, Ipswich

What's Hot
Del_PrestonDel_Preston Frets: 76
Just thought I'd leave a quick plug for these guys as I popped in yesterday to pick up a Celestion Cream Alnico 90.  The business is definitely geared up primarily for web sales as they operate out of an industrial unit, but I thought I'd take a punt and knock on the door as I was in the area.

Ended up having a good chat with the owner Nigel (ex-Celestion) about all things speaker and cabs, top bloke.  The unit was piled high with loads of speakers from Celestion, Warehouse and Fane - their Montage cabs look good too.  Great little business!

Anyone else use them?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    Just thought I'd leave a quick plug for these guys as I popped in yesterday to pick up a Celestion Cream Alnico 90.  The business is definitely geared up primarily for web sales as they operate out of an industrial unit, but I thought I'd take a punt and knock on the door as I was in the area.

Ended up having a good chat with the owner Nigel (ex-Celestion) about all things speaker and cabs, top bloke.  The unit was piled high with loads of speakers from Celestion, Warehouse and Fane - their Montage cabs look good too.  Great little business!

Anyone else use them?
    I've ordered speakers from them a couple of times. I was very impressed. Great price, and great service, They kept me updated on my order status and not only gave me a 1 hour delivery window but texted again to tell me exactly when the speaker would arrive. Couldn't fault it!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960

Anyone else use them?
    Yes, they're always my first choice for replacement speakers.

The only caveat is that they seem to stock what's available cheaply in bulk, rather than a complete range of everything, so you can't always get something you want if it's a bit more unusual.

That said they also often do daft price reductions on clearance stock as well, so if you're after something that does a job rather than a specific model, you can make big savings.

The Montage cabs are excellent too - they may be made in the same factory as the Harley Bentons, but I'm not certain.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• newi123newi123 Frets: 850
    I`ve bought a couple of speakers from them, always online. 

Also good to know that when one arrived damaged, they were excellent to deal with and sent a replacement straight away. Top customer service.

• Del_PrestonDel_Preston Frets: 76
    edited June 2019
    Yeah, they had one each of each of the Celestion Alnico models in stock, but apparently get stock from Celestion - who are nearby - everyday.  Lots of the cheaper Celestion models in stock.

Yes, Nigel did say that the Montage cabinets are made in China, but that's why they're retailing at something like £120 I guess.  He took the back off of one to show me - seemed very good actually.  11 ply birch ply, removable middle back panel for open / closed back and also had a handy socket plate on the back for speaker connection and a parallel link for an extension cab...  pretty tidy close up.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 639
    I like the Montage cab I bought too, well made, reasonably light etc. The only issue I've had was getting the back panels off to swap a speaker as they're very tightly fitted so I tend to remove the jackplate and then I can get my hand inside to give the middle panel a pull.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2272
    normula1 said:
    I like the Montage cab I bought too, well made, reasonably light etc. The only issue I've had was getting the back panels off to swap a speaker as they're very tightly fitted so I tend to remove the jackplate and then I can get my hand inside to give the middle panel a pull.
    Gotta have a montage!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    Got great service from them when DPD fucked up the delivery of a speaker I ordered.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    yep - I bought a Celestion V30 from them a while back on a great deal/promo. Also I think my Cannabis Rex might have come from them too...??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Some years back I popped in and ended up having a great discussion with Nigel. We had some mutual friends and aquaintences from the locality too which made it interesting. He is a great bloke and customer service is a big deal for him.
    I rarely buy drivers these days, but Lean would be first choice for me.
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    Always had great service from Lean.  Ordered a speaker from them which turned out to be out of stock and with a long lead time (the 16ohm version of the Emi GB12).  They called my home number, explained there'd been a mix-up, and were only too happy to let me have a slightly more expensive speaker for the same price.  Good guys, and their clearance offers and specials are always good VFM. 
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    I've used them for a WGS speaker.  All good.
  • dcgdcg Frets: 228
    Excellent company, sensible prices, consistently reliable service...